Sleep | Armin x (Scared of The Dark) Reader

Prompt- Reader is scared of the dark

Armins arms hugged you to his chest, what would be a soothing display of affection if it wasn't for the tremble that you held in. Every shadow morphed into a monster, hungry for you. You closed your eyes tightly, the fear become more present when you realized you couldn't see the threat, immediately opening your eyes. Tears started to blur them as you glanced around, fearfully watching for any changes. And despite finding none, you couldn't convince your mind that there wasn't something watching.

The night continued on, your eyes only shutting for a split moments in a desperate blink before they were wide and alert again. Hours passed slowly, your mind never once letting your body rest.

Soon you heard birds chirp and the the sky lighten gradually, a grateful sigh escaping your lips. Though, despite the room being light and the shadows disappearing, you didn't sleep.

Armin let out a soft grumble before he shifted around, he breathing becoming slightly different before he spoke. His voice was a little craoky, the lack of use making is raspy and surprisingly sexy.

"Morning love, how'd you sleep?"

"Good." you said softly but Armin sat up on his elbows, looking down at your face.

"I know your lying. Your tired. Your eyes are red and you've got bags darling... are you okay?"

"Yeah i'm fine, must've been a bad night or something." you laughed it off.

"Yeah, okay... a bad night."

Armin settled down on top of you gently, hugging you and letting the issue drop.

Though, he wished he hadn't. Every morning he woke up to you getting worse, and now it's wasn't just through looks, but actions too. Not only were your eyes red and droopy, being joined with deep purple eye bags, your skin was paler. Action-wise you were slower. Slower to answer or react, slow to think and always seeming dazed. Armin was worried, to say the least.

Finally he had enough. When the two of you laid down he waited til you thought he was asleep, when in reality he had his eye cracked open slightly watching your face. He watched your eye dart around, a frown overtaking your mouth.

"Y/n, why won't you sleep?" he asked, and even though his voice was a soft whisper it still make you jump.

"Armin you should go to sleep i'l-"

"No, this has gone on too long. Please, just tell me what's wrong. I want to help you Y/n." he quietly pleaded.

"No, you don't have-"

"Yes, I do. Not only because I have to but because I want to. I love you Y/n, and I can't stand to see you like this. Please, let me help."

"It's silly though." you murmured.

"Not if it's upsetting you. It's serious. And you know i'd never laugh at you."

"I-um... I'm scared of the dark." you admitted quietly.

He was silent for a moment before he hugged you into him, gently rubbing your back.

"Oh, Y/n. Why didn't you tell me? It's okay. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Can you tell me what about the dark scares you?"

"I c-cant see. It's like i'm blind. Anything could be there. Waiting. And I wouldn't know."

"Y'know, it could be something mean but what if it's a cute puppy? Maybe it's watching you and loves you. You wanna hear a secret my mom told me when I was little? It's that there are shadows, and their angles. The darken their wings to make them blend in so they can watch over you while you sleep. They protect you and don't want to wake you."

You didn't say anything and Armin moved you away from him, getting off the bed and disappearing into the darkness of the room.

"Armin? Armin?!" you voice was high and panicked as armins presence faded.

He didn't answer, making you call out again, this time for desperate and panicked.

"Armin! Please! Where are you?!"

"It's okay, just one second." he soothed, your eyes trying to track where the voice came from.

A couple moments later a small light flicked on, Armin being right next to it. After a moment you noticed what it was: a froggie night light. Your breathing calmed as Armin walked over to you, being able to lightly see and avoid things to make it to the bed. He stood beside you, his arms leaning on the bed.

"I'm sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to scare you. I thought a night light might help. Though, I suppose it would've been wise to tell you my plan beforehand."

"Ya think?" you sarcastically snapped.

He smiled at you before climbing into bed, once again cradling you to him. The light was dim, though the room was still illuminated enough for you to see almost everything.

"Y/n. I want you to go to sleep. The night light is on if you wake up and if you want i'll stay up and keep you safe."

"No you need to sleep too. I don't want to be a burden."

"It's not a burden. Your never a burden. Now, close those pretty eyes of yours and let me take care of you."

"Your sure you'll keep me safe?"

"I'll protect you at all costs."

"Okay."

You relaxed into him, your eyes drifting shut. It only took a couple of moments for your body to fall into a deep slumber, your body feeling starved of it and greedily accepting it. Armin smiled, gently rubbing his fingers through your hair as he looked around, as if challenging the shadows to try anything.

"I'm here." he murmured, giving you a small peck on your forehead.

a/n- Hello lovelies, armin won the poll so here is the fluff!

do you like the polls? Should i do them more often?

also i have some bad news- i think imma take the weekends off. i'm not completely sure yet but it's likely

i hope you have a good day/night<3