Male!Reader X Lars

In the spirit of pride month I dedicate this chapter to everyone of my LGBTQ+ readers and friends. Hope you enjoy!

Y/N was a shy child. He always had been since the moment he started school. For it he got bullied a lot by some of his peers, he was left out and a little forgotten... Even by his friends.

The problem was that he fell in love... And he fell hard... He fell for the sweet poet at the back of the class. The writer that gave quiet sighs in class... He fell for the boy with pitch black hair that always covered his eyes. Yep, Y/N fell hard...

Unfortunately... So did his crush... Lars fell in love with two people... Unfortunately the wrong one confessed first... And so Lars ended up dating Y/N's bully... Which ultimately broke his heart...

Day in and day out Y/N watched as Lars laughed at Reiner's stupid jokes. He watched Lars write poems for Reiner. It broke him in two...

Of course Reiner never stopped bullying him. He was relentless and even more cruel. He stole Y/N's books and mocked his sketches. Even going as far as throwing them in the trash.

Y/N bent over to carefully pick up his sketch book and took shaking breaths to keep himself from crying. He reached for one of the sketches that had fallen free and found someone else already picked it up.

Dread filled his chest as he slowly looked up. Seeing Lars holding the sketch of himself "You drew this?" he asked softly impressed.

Y/N looked down in shame "I'm sorry. I'll stop. Please don't tell anyone" he whispered sounding terrified. Lars looked up at him softly and gently "why are you apologizing? It's pretty..." Lars said softly making Y/N look up at Lars in shock again.

"Are you alright? Why are your sketches all over the floor?" Lars asked gently handing the sketch back to Y/N. He looked down and bit hard on his lip.

"Y/N/N... Did... Did Reiner do this? Is he... Hurting... You?" Lars asked softly and gently, sounding scared of the answer.

Y/N bit harder on his lip and took a shaky breath "It's nothing..." he whispered softly. Lars gently set a hand on his after hesitating "Y/N... You're crying... It's not nothing..." Lars whispered softly.

"I-I can't tell you" he whispered looking down at the floor while holding his sketch book against his chest. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Lars asked cupping Y/N's cheek softly in his warm hand.

Y/N took a shaking breath and looked at Lars quietly "I'm sorry" he whispered softly to the emo boy. Lars shook his head instantly "come on... Let's get your sketches" he said softly pulling back to gather the loose pages.

"I'm not letting him touch you again. If I knew he was that kind of person I would've never even looked his way" he scowled to himself, clenching his jaw and taking a deep breath. Making up his mind over who he'd choose... And he definitely wasn't choosing Reiner.

Silently he helped Y/N put the sketches back in their place within Y/N's sketchbook. "how long has it been going on?" he asked helping the other boy up again.

Y/N bit his lip and looked at Lars again "A few years... He... Found out about how I felt about you" he whispered, giving up on keeping his feelings a secret... He was too tired to keep them quiet anymore.

Lars paused and looked at Y/N "Your feelings for me?" he asked softly. Y/N nodded and pulled out his phone quietly before showing Lars texts from months ago... Texts between Y/N and Reiner... Where Reiner definitely keep his true nature a secret...

Lars read through them all... And saw every single photo Reiner took of him when they were together... Photos he didn't even know existed. He clenched his jaw "Why don't you go sit with my brothers for lunch?" he asked calmly, already leading Y/N to where his younger brothers and his friends were sitting.

Y/N looked at Lars confused before quietly and shyly greeting the twins and sitting down. Lars turned sharply on his heels and walked out to the football field where he knew for sure Reiner and his friends hung out during lunch.

Without an ounce of hesitation or care he moved to his so called boyfriend. Reiner smiled instantly when he saw Lars, a bright and calm smile... A smile that Lars now knew was fake. It made his blood boil.

He didn't waste time on playing nice as he landed a sucker punch right in the center of Reiner's face. His other hand clamped down on the taller boys collar, keeping him on his feet and pulling him close enough for him to see the hell fire in Lars' eyes.

"What is it you called us?" Lars growled out through a clenched jaw "what are you talking about?" Reiner tried to play innocent. Lars tightened his grip on his collar, making the shirt tighter around his neck. "Don't you dare play dumb with me. I saw every. Damn. text." he snarled lowly.

Reiner's face went blank before he smirked at him "So? Why should I care about what you think? You're just as useless as he is" he snorted. The snort was short lived as Lars landed another powerful and harsh punch square in the face.

"Don't you ever dare get close to Y/N or I will make your life living hell" Lars snarled lowly again as he shoved him back. Everyone on the field was dead silent and Lars knew very well he'd get expelled for that little stunt but right now... He was too angry to care.

He went back to where he left Y/N. Without giving the other boy a second to think he grabbed his chin lightly and looked him dead in the eyes "You and I. Are going on a date. As soon as I'm no longer grounded" he said calmly as the teachers showed up to take him to the principle's office.

The twins shared a look and then looked at Y/N, who looked shocked and was slowly starting to resemble an over ripe tomato... He snapped back to reality and burried his face in his hands to try and calm his racing heart...

He got the feeling he'd no longer be invisible to atleast one person... One very special person...