"Harry... You almost gave Simon a heart attack, you know that, right?"

"Wow, bonus points! Good job, Harr." He ruffled the boy's hair fondly, not catching Liam's suggestive brow wiggling that had Harry squeaking and leaning down to bury his face into Louis' shoulder. Louis didn't move, doing his best not to touch his hair instead and narrowed his eyes as Liam sent him a smug look.

"Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean I'll hesitate to beat the shit out 'f ya."

"Okay, okay, understood mate. I'm just surprised is all. Seems you two got closer while I've been away studying my brain to mush. I swear to God, I don't know if you being here has made Harry better or worse." He said that because cheeky as Harry's he'll was, he didn't look like he had touched a drop of alcohol yet and that was highly unusual for him.

"Good in some ways, not so good in... Specific others." Harry smirked when Louis winked at him to play some pretend, flustered when Louis grinned at him. He nonchalantly put an arm around his shoulders and rose and finished a glass in honour of Liam, patting Harry's head afterwards. "I am so proud of him. S'made some serious progress. Now I just need to teach you about how important the middle finger is, both in public and... You know, in private and perhaps we can work on up from there."

Liam nearly choked, frowning at Louis who sent him a lazy smile as he made a circle with his thumb and index finger, sliding the index finger on the right through it. With wide eyes, Harry smacked Louis' chest playfully the moment Liam had walked away and mumbled, "Lou...! He's g'nna think we're fucking!"

"Does that bother you?" Harry swallowed and shoved him with a huff. Louis felt a laugh coming on, shaking his head as his smile slowly waned off into nothingness. He was doing so much of that, these days. It felt like too much, really. It made the numbness he was once completely used to feel a little suffocating, a recent development. He rose his head slightly, turning towards Hazz and whispered, "you should go get your present, you know."

"It's from me, it's... Well, it's Zayn's. I don't even know what's in it, he didn't let me open it. That dick." He was cross for a second, suddenly remembering there was a present to deliver and his facial expression switched in an instant. Louis pinched Harry's cheek and followed him to get it from his satchel where he had kept it hidden, both walking to Liam as he served two women with a large grin on his face.

"Jesus Christ, college boy, your exams finished just today, take a break for once! You aren't even supposed to be here but I knew you'd show up. That dumb work ethic of yours. Now, hand it over, Harr." Liam looked between both of them as he took the rectangular item wrapped in brown paper.

"If I'm being pranked and this is a picture of some kama sutra shit between the happy couple, I will yeet this thing out of our dimension."

"Don't flatter yourself. We'll give you that... next year. Harry and I actually got you nothing. Him because he accidentally forgot." Harry blushed and Louis continued. "Me because my existence is the best gift of all, don't you think?"

"I'm bloody tired of you. If it was neither of you, who-"

"It was Zayn, now open it! The suspense is killing us!" At the last word, Louis looked at Harry like he had just been fatally shot but Liam wasn't looking at them. His fingers ran over the paper over and over again. Harry was complaining to Louis about how he really needed to see what was inside but it took one "be quiet, love or I'll send you to a corner right now" to keep him quiet, once again fitting perfectly in the crook of Louis' neck to hide how hard he was blushing from the planet.

Liam cautiously tore it open, unsure of what to expect. Perhaps it was one of those things he was always drawing. A small book, maybe? Whatever it was, he was already in love with it, he just knew. Of all his guesses, however, none of them expected the picture before them.