She recalled that when she woke up, there was a lighted candle in the cave. She turned her head and saw the ranger from before, his hideous body was naked as he laid on a small bed beside her. Both her hands and feet were chained as she laid on a woolen blanket on the floor beside the bed. She was in a sorry, embarrassing state.

She was so terrified that she wanted to die, but there was no way she could get free from the chains. She wanted to kill him so bad, but this was impossible. Even if she was not chained up, there was not even the slightest sliver of strength in her body.

It was at this moment that she saw a tall figure walking into the cave. Despite her hazy vision, she saw him slowly approach her. He wore a faded Forestry Department uniform with a cap pulled down low on his head, and due to her haziness, she did not get a clear picture of his face. He picked up a bunch of keys from the table and walked over to her, and after a few attempts, unlocked the chains.

She immediately fell into his arms as he likewise hugged her tightly with his strong arms, he held her so tightly that she could barely breathe. Then, he helped her to her feet and led her out of the cave.

After leaving the cave, he led her forward step by step until they could see the faint flashing of flashlights cutting through the darkness in front of them. When he saw this, he suddenly released her and swiftly began walking back into the forest. The view of his back as he walked away was strange yet familiar to Rosé. Where had she seen it before? Why did it seem so familiar?

"Are you..." She asked with a husky voice, "You didn't die... Why..."

That person paused for a moment before quickening his pace again. Soon enough, he vanished deep into the forest. Since she was out of strength, she collapsed to the ground again after taking a few more steps.

Rosé struggled to get up slowly as Lisa supported her. She pointed off into the distance and said softly, "He's in the cave, I can't remember the direction clearly... It's probably just a bit further on from where you found me, near the peak."

Lisa wanted to follow the doctor and send Rosé to the nearest hospital, but Rosé firmly declined.

"There's no need to." Her face was expressionless, and her eyes were empty. "I want to wait here. Lisa, I want to be alone."

Before Lisa could say anything, she shut her eyes and laid down.

Later on in the night, the mountain had grown colder while the shadows from the trees swayed eerily under the moonlight.

Jungkook led a team as they slowly approached the cave located at the edge of a cliff.

The cave was quiet and deep, and under the dark, unforgiving night sky, it looked like a black hole. A single flame could be seen burning steadily at the mouth of the cave, indicating that somebody was inside..

The number of police officers gathered outside the cave was slowly increasing as officers crept slowly to its entrance. Da Hu received news from the logistics team and went over to Jungkook to whisper to him, "Rosé is awake, she mentioned that the location of the cave should be here as well. This should be it."

Jungkook waved his hand and an officer behind him carrying a large searchlight quickly shone it into the cave. As expected, a lone figure was seen standing inside. Perhaps he was stunned by the light, as he quickly turned his body sideways and crouched down next to the rock wall. Behind him, they could see a small bed, a table, a chair, a cabinet, and a number of chains on the ground.

"Sehun, you've been surrounded, put your weapons down and come out!" Somebody ordered.

The figure inside the cave abruptly turned around as Jungkook yelled, "Watch out!" Right after he said this, two muffled "pews" pierced the air as the person inside let out a small laugh.