𝐛𝐮𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

⋆ 。 ʚɞ 。⋆ 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗂𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒, 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌, 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗆𝖾

⋆ 。 ʚɞ 。⋆ 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝗂 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝗅 𝗂𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒, 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌, 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗆𝖾. 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗅𝖾𝖾𝗉𝗌 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍, 𝖼𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀, "𝗌𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝖾"
                                         ― mitski 𐙚

...just flesh and bones

just flesh and bones

୨୧.ᐟ there was a tiny moment of clarity in a home filled with people who resented themselves alongside the others they projected it onto. The silence filled the living room that once was warm from the heat booming inside and the calm sound of criminal minds with mutual interest. It didn't matter anymore, mom and dad had differences in the way her dad laid his head on the pillow and knocked the popcorn she made onto the floor and into the couch slits. Then the yelling began and soon the girl was subjected to verbal abuse about things she didn't understand. How dare she sit there quietly? Whose side was she on? A child.

a child is what she was. her mom and dad were her world while she was half of theirs. the burden in their home taking up space and using it. how dare she? she sat silently with a bleeding lip from the small yet painful wound her mother gifted her for being too scared to speak. her big and soft brown eyes watered with sadness looking between her bunny blanket and her parents arguing. she quietly took it into her arms gathering herself before retracting from the conversation and residing into her room.

the bare bones called a bed lay in the middle with nothing but a blanket she held for warmth and a secret plush she named raspberry underneath the bed. the child flopped down quietly on the bed with sniffles filling the air still smelling the stale scent of butter. her hands fiddled with the ears of the bunny feeling the soft fur between her fingers using it as a distraction from the glasses breaking on the kitchen floor. the façade of the nice quiet family that lived at the end of the road was unleashed upon nights when neighbours peaked out their windows to still see their lights on at two in the morning. her parents were calculating changing to physical fights without words only grunts and shoves until it was truly morning time and they needed to apologize to their daughter for the millionth time she was born. make her breakfast and sometimes even drop her off at school instead of having her walk twenty minutes in the middle of winter.