The Disappearance of a Day

Start from the beginning

"Amen!" Marie shouted.

Angel narrowed her eyes at the Supreme. Was she the one who found Nan? Was she the last one to be with Nan? After everything that Misty and Cordelia had told her about Fiona, it didn't sit right with her. And Fiona's dark, tainted aura wasn't helping to prove her innocence to the blonde teen.

"If only Misty were here to bring the poor girl back." Myrtle spoke. Angel dropped her gaze to her feet. She felt bad enough that she wasn't as powerful as Misty; why did Myrtle have to make her feel worse about her failure?

Cordelia gave Angel a supporting squeeze to her arm. "I have to do something. Before one more of our girls dies." Cordelia responded to Myrtle.

"Your mother's Pol Pot in Givenchy. What can be done?" Myrtle asked.

"Whatever is necessary."

"Misty's probably twirled her way to the Everglades by now. Don't bother." Madison cut in.

"No." Angel glared at the actress, pain written in her eyes. "Misty wouldn't leave me behind like that." Her words were strong, but she doubted them.

"Are you sure about that?" Madison smirked.

"Enough." Cordelia chastised, sending her own glare to the witch. Angel had been through enough. She didn't need Madison planting any seeds of doubt into the young girl's head.

"The gardener said you'd be here." A loud voice spoke, grabbing the attention of those who remained standing by Nan's casket.

"You're alive?" Fiona asked Queenie, who walked Madame LaLaurie by a leash around her neck.

"Bitch, you left me for dead." Queenie spoke to Marie, ignoring Fiona's question- considering it was a stupid one.

"Oh, girl, I thought you were." Marie said, approaching the black girl to give her a hug. "Oh, get your ass over here."

However, Delphine decided to spit in her face as she drew close. "That's for dismembering me." She spoke, bitterly.

Marie gasped before slapping Delphine across the face. Angel wincing at the sharp and painful sound it made. "And that's for coming back. I thought I told you to put her white head in the trash." Marie said with disgust, looking at Queenie.

"I had my own ideas." The girl responded.

"Queenie." Cordelia whispered. She, just like everyone else, believed the living voodoo doll had died in the shootout at the salon.

"You put her back together." Zoe said, looking up and down Delphine's unmarked body.

"No scars." Kyle said, observing the same.

"If I'd done you, you wouldn't look like you'd been jammed through a blender." Queenie said, looking at the frat boy. Kyle only frowned in response.

"The most important thing is that you're safe." Cordelia cut in, once against being a mediator- preventing a fight from breaking out.

"None of us are safe!" Fiona shouted, sending a glare to her daughter. "Why can't you understand that?" A tear fell down Cordelia's cheek and she swallowed hard. Angel leaned her head onto the woman's shoulder, hoping to give her even a sliver of comfort she had been provided herself that day. Cordelia gave a small and thankful smile to the young girl.

"You are coming with us." Fiona declared, pointing at the two returning members before heading out. "Okay, the funeral's over. Say your prayers as you exit."

"I'm not going anywhere with any of ya'll." Delphine spoke, the hate clear in her eyes. "I've been suffering the tortures of the damned. I'm not taking another step. Oh!" Queenie had cut off her little speech by walking off and pulling on the leash, forcing the former socialite to follow after her.