You are my strength (Part 2)

Hello, first I would like to say thank you, everyone, for your comments, it means a lot.

Here is the second part of this story.

Enjoy

***********************************************************************************************

After the situation with Lale, Serkan, and Eda this morning, Serkan didn't know how to act, so he quickly said goodbye to Eda and went to Artlife.

Now that he was about to enter Artlife he was regretting, he came so early, because he was nervous again. He took a deep breath one more time and then went in.

The first one to see him was Leyla, first, she greeted him with a huge smile on her face and then she did something unexpected and hugged him »It's so nice to have you back Serkan bey.« she told him with tears in her eyes. He was a little embarrassed because he was not used to such a display of emotion, but he realized, while Leyla hugged him that he didn't mind it, which was a new feeling »Thank you Leyla.« he thanked her.

Then Engin and Pyril came, they already saw him over the week he was back so they just welcomed him back at the company and then they set off to his office, in the way to the office he saw some familiar faces who nodded to greet him, he saw Melo with a big smile looking at him, who he already met as Edas best friend, who called him Eniste, he liked her so he smiled back.

In the office, Engin and Pyril introduced him to Ferit, who is apparently Selin's ex, who now is a partner in Holding and also working with them in the Artlife and beside him was Ceren who he knew as Eda's friend and is also a lawyer at their firm and also happen to be Ferits fiance.

They sat down and over the next couple of hours they showed him some projects they had done over the last two years he didn't remember and then what they were working on the past two months that he was actually absent. It was a lot to take in for Serkan, but just like Eda said it was a familiar setting to him and he felt a little bit more normal for lack of a better term.

»Well you did an amazing job in these last 2 months, as I saw so far it's like you didn't miss me at all.« he joked to them but saw in their faces the joke didn't sit well with them.

Pyril was the first to say something »But we did Serkan, we missed you terribly. The only reason we were able to work and function in this firm was Eda. She was the one who constantly told us, you are still alive and are coming back so we had to work hard, that Artlife will be the same when you'll come. An she was right.« she told him with tears in her eyes.

Serkan was touched by Pyrils words, he saw more and more every day how his friends and family loved Eda, they always spoke highly of her »Well, you did it so thank you.« he told them with a trembling voice that showed them he really meant it.

Engin cleared his through »Well I think we gave you a lot of information, for now, so we will let you alone and you can go through all the papers.« they all got up »If you need anything or have any question you know where to find us.« he said to Serkan before they all left him alone in his office.

He was going through papers for quite some time when Lelya came into his office and brought him a glass of water with lemon in it, she put it down beside him. He looked at her confused, he didn't use to dring this, she always brought coffee to him, she saw his questioning look »Uhm, sorry I keep forgetting you don't remember last 2 years. It's just you like to drink water with lemon when you have a stressed day and a lot to do.« Leyla felt bad »Do you want me to bring you coffee instead?« she went to pick up the glass when he stopped her »No, no it's ok. Uhm I would love some water actually.« he told her.

She nodded at him and went towards the door when he stopped her »Leyla?«, so she turned around to face him »Yes, Serkan bey?«

»Can I ask you a question?« he asked her, which took Leyla by surprise, because Serkan didn't usually ask permission to ask a question »Uhh, yes of course Serkan bey.« she told him while touching her glasses nervously, not knowing what to expect.