Chapter 1: Y/n's past

Y/n's POV
It's been a few months since my father told me to leave the family. If you don't know, my father is Master Nyxx and my mother was Master Feather, former Pai Zhaq masters.

I remember it like it was yesterday. My dad said that I was never supposed to be a Pai Zhaq student. I guess I should tell you the whole story.

Flashback

"Why haven't you left the academy yet?!" Dad yelled. "You were never supposed to be a Pai Zhaq student!"

"I...but Dad," I stuttered, tears streaming down my cheeks. "WHY CAN'T YOU BE PROUD OF ME LIKE A NORMAL DAD?! You never cared about me. You only wanted me to be like you. And when we found out that my animal spirit was a panther, you...YOU YELLED AT ME EVERYDAY!"

"I can't believe you, Y/n!" Dad yelled. The next think I knew, my dad was in his animal form. I saw his claws come out and the next thing I know, he slashes my left eye, causing it to bleed really bad. After that, I was crying. "That should teach you not to mess with a Pai Zhaq master!"

"ARGH!" I cried, tears really coming down now.

"See?!" Dad exclaimed. "This is why you never should've joined Pai Zhaq Academy! You're weak! You'll never be my daughter! It's your fault that your mother's dead!"

"I...I...why Dad?" I whimpered. "I HATE YOU!"

Once the words left my mouth, I felt my heart sink and I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes. I immediately ran towards Pai Zhaq, hoping to find Master Mao and tell him what happened, and possibly get my eye healed.

Jungle Beast: TIME SKIP Unleashed

Once I made it to Pai Zhaq, I saw Master Mao with the 6 finalists. I couldn't help but run towards him and hug him tightly.

"Y/N?" Master Mao asked, looking down at me. "What happened to you?"

"D-dad turned into his animal form and slashed my left eye," I cried, tears of blood streaming from my left eye.

"Would you like to stay with me?" Master Mao asked. "I have a surprise for you. Lily, Theo, Jarrod. Join us in the Great Hall this evening."

Once Master Mao left, I saw one of the new cubs being bullied by Jarrod.

"Where's my towel, cub?" Jarrod demanded. "Go get me a towel. Move it! That's a direct order from a senior student."

Then Jarrod knocked over the basket of towels the cub was handing out.

"Here's your towel," another cub said, trying to protect the cub Jarrod was bullying. "Look, I don't want any problems."

"Too bad," Jarrod countered, pushing the cub down. "Oh, is little cub gonna do something?"

After Jarrod shoved the cub over, his face turned into a tiger like face.

"Jarrod!" I yelled, my bangs covering my left eye so Jarrod couldn't see what my dad did to me. "Leave him alone!"

As soon as Jarrod left, I ran over to the cub to see if he was alright.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah," the cub answered. "I think so. But what just happened?"

"I think you just released your animal spirit," I replied.

"Anyways," Lily interjected. "Let's head to the Great hall. I'm sure Master Mao wants to tell us something important."

"Thanks, but no thanks, Lily," I replied. "I have...'daddy issues' to take care of right now."

"Wait!" Theo cried. "What happened to your eye?! It looks like a black jaguar attacked you."

"My dad," I answered. "He attacked me in his animal form."

"You mean Master Nyx did this to you?!" the cub asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Master Nyx is my father. I'm sure you also know Master Feather, right?"

"Yeah," the cub replied. "She was one of the best masters that Pai Zhaq's ever had before she was killed in that car accident. Do you know her?"

"She's Y/n's mother," Theo stated.

"Wait! You're Master Feather's daughter?!" the cub called.

"Yep," I replied.

"But why did Master Nyx attack you?" Lily asked. "You never came rushing to the academy like this before. What happened?"

"He started yelling at me about how I was never supposed to be a Pai Zhaq student and that I was weak," I explained, opening my left eye. "He even said that it was my fault that my mom died. I ended up getting so mad at him that I said that I hated him and that's when he turned into his animal form and attacked me."

"That's it!" Theo yelled. "You're coming with us! I will not allow you to be abused anymore!"

As soon as those words left Theo's mouth, I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. So I ran up to him crying and gave him a big bear hug.

"T-thank you, Theo," I mumbled.

"No problem, n/n," Theo replied.

"But first, I have a question to ask you, Y/n," the cub stated. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

"Not at all," I replied. "Go ahead. I'll try my best to give an answer."

"Has your left eye always been a crimson red color?" the cub asked.

"N-no," I answered. "W-wait. M-my left eye's a c-crimson r-red color?"

"Yeah," Lily stated. "Why don't you come with me and Theo to the Great Hall and see if Master Mao can get it back to normal."

"T-thank you, Lils," I stated. "Thanks guys. I hope you don't mind me staying here from now on."

End of flashback

So yeah. That's my story. I'm 18 years old, my mom died in a car accident when I was 6 years old, and my dad abused me ever since. But luckily, I have the most amazing and supportive friends in the world to help me get through my abusive past. RJ's my godfather, Lily is my best friend, Casey and Theo are like brothers to me, and I have a huge crush on Dominic.

A Rhino's Love (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें