Chapter 11: Dominic the good boyfriend

Y/n's POV
"Hey, my mighty black panther," Dominic greeted, walking over to my bed. "I brought snacks. So what's wrong? What was your nightmare about?"

"Well," I replied, already feeling tears well up in the corners of my eyes. "I-it was about my dad. H-he turned into his animal form and slashed both of my eyes, this time causing them to turn a crimson red color."

"That jerk," Dominic said, climbing up on the bed next to me. "Don't worry, n/n. I'll never let Master Nyx hurt you, even if it kills me. I'll always protect you. I promise."

"No!" I whisper-yelled, tears now rolling down my cheeks. "N-no, please don't. I d-don't wanna see you get hurt. You mean so much to me! I d-don't want to lose you. You're too important to me."

"Hey, hey," Dominic whispered, wrapping his arms around me in a reassuring way. "I won't get hurt and you won't lose me. I promise you, I'll always be there for you whenever you need to talk to me. I love you, Y/n, and nothing will change that. I just want you to be happy. And if being around me makes you happy, then so be it. I'll never leave you alone. I'll never let your dad take you away from us, and from me. Just as I'm important to you, you're important to me. I promised your mom that I would protect you, and I intend on keeping that promise. So no matter what, you're stuck with me."

"Y-you mean it?" I asked, still crying. "You'll never leave me? I won't lose you? You won't get hurt? You'll protect me? You won't let Dad kill me? Mmh!"

Before I could finish asking Dominic any questions, I felt his arms move from my waist and his soft lips on mine. I was surprised at first, but after awhile I slowly melted into the kiss. And once again, as much as I wanted to stay like this forever, we had to break the kiss due to something called air. Once Dominic's lips moved away from mine, I felt a lot safer and a lot calmer than I did when I woke up from my nightmare.

"Yes," Dominic replied, running his fingers through my hair. "I mean it. I'll never leave you. You won't ever lose me. I won't get hurt. I'll always protect you. I will never let your father kill you. None of us will. You mean so much to all of us. Now, promise me that whenever you have a nightmare like this again you'll tell me. I don't care if it's at 1 in the morning or the next day, just tell me. I'll do whatever I can to help you get through them."

"I promise," I whimpered, slowly starting to feel tired. "Can we sing a song before I fall asleep? Please?"

Dominic's POV
"Sure," I replied, helping Y/n to sit up. "If it'll help you get back to sleep, then I don't see why not. As long as we do it quietly."

"Alright," Y/n yawned. "How about True Colors by Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick, maybe Sad Song by We The Kings featuring Elena Coats, Beautiful Addiction by Nate Feuerstein featuring Brady Schmitz and Danielle Swift, or When She Cries By Britt Nicole?"

"How about Always by Owl City?" I asked. "I like the sound of that one. It sounds like the perfect song to calm you down."

"Alright," Y/n yawned again. "That's sounds perfect. It's also a song that my mom would sing to me whenever I had a nightmare. Let's do it. Could you hand me my phone, please?"

"Alright," I replied, grabbing n/n's phone and handing it to her. "Here you go, n/n."

"Thank you, Dom," she replied, pulling up her music library and playing Always by Owl City.

(Author's Note: italics are you, bold is Dominic, and underlined is both)