"Damon, stop!" I coughed out making home lose focus and turn towards me. I saw the shock in his eyes when he noticed the blood coming from my chest.

Damon was then knocked off of Klaus by Stefan. I looked over to see Katherine stand in front of Mikael with a smirk. She pulled out two of the wolfsbane grenades.

"Kaboom." She smirked and threw them at the hybrids and made her escape.

I looked back at Klaus when I noticed my chest started to heal on its own.

"Klaus, the stake!" I stated.

Klaus grabbed the white oak stake from the ground and launched himself at Mikael, and staked it into his heart, killing him.

"What the hell did you do?!" Damon glared at Stefan.

"He's earned his freedom." Klaus said as he helped me up. Mikael must have injected me with witch hazel because I still felt unbalanced and I couldn't use my magic. "Thank you, my friend. You no longer have to do what I say. You're free."

We all turned to see that Damon was long gone. With that, Stefan had left.

"So, Katherine is free?" I asked.

"She held up her part of the bargain, I'll hold up mine." Klaus nodded. "Let's get you home."

I nodded and Klaus took me back to the house. When he knocked on the door Jeremy answered.

"What the hell? Are you okay?" Jeremy asked noticing my bloody dress as Klaus helped me stand up.

"She's alright, just weak from being injected with witch hazel and stabbed." Klaus said carefully passing me through the doorway to Jeremy who caught me. "Take care of your sister mate. I'll see you soon love."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Are you sure your okay?" Jeremy asked as he closed the door. "Did Klaus do this?"

"I'm fine, nothing I can't handle." I assured. "And no. Elena never had Bonnie separate the lifeline between Klaus and I, she was counting on both of us dying."

"What a bitch!" Jeremy seethed.

"It's okay......."

"It sure as hell is not okay, Rosalie!" Jeremy snapped. "You could have died tonight, don't you understand that?!"

"I understand that perfectly Jer! But I'm fine!" I snapped back then sighed. "Look, I know I should hate her for trying to get me killed time and time again, but I can't. You never turn your back on family, even when they do."

"I know how much you try to live up to that Rose, but it's okay to be selfish at times, especially when you're looking out for your life." Jeremy stated. "Just know, I won't judge or disown you for choosing Klaus  if it means that you'll be protected from Elena. And neither will Jenna or Ric."

"Thanks Jer." I smiled as he helped me walk up the stairs and into my room. Once he left I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep after this very long day.

Third Person's POV

Katherine just hung up the phone with Damon, acting as if she didn't betray them and that she was on the run.

"He doesn't know where it all went wrong." Katherine stated.

"He doesn't need to know." Stefan said from the passenger seat.

Katherine then pulled over and stopped the car. "Are you good from here?"

"How did you know that I would stop Damon?" Stefan asked.

"I didn't." Katherine sighed. "I was just hoping that you would want to."

"You wanted Klaus dead for 500 years, why would you risk that to save Damon's life?" Stefan frowned.

"Well, you know Rose, she couldn't let Klaus die. She offered me something I couldn't refuse. My freedom. If anyone could have convinced Klaus to let me go, it was her." Katherine smiled. "But, that's besides the point, I still would have done it, freedom or no freedom."

"Why?" Stefan frowned.

"I wasn't just trying to save Damon's life, I was trying to save yours." Katherine stated. "Your humanity. Let's just say I like the old you better."

"Ah, come on, Katherine. You don't care about anyone but yourself." Stefan stated. "You know that."

"You and I both know that is not true." Katherine argued. "I loved you. I loved Damon, too. Humanity sometimes is a vampires greatest weakness, but maybe I'm starting to realize it's a strength as well, as long as you know what to take with it. Just remember Stefan, no matter how easy it is to turn it off, it still finds a way to find its way back in. Sometimes I let it."

"I can't let it all back in." Stefan sighed. "I don't want to. Not after everything I've done."

"Of course you don't want to." Katherine sighed. "But if you don't let yourself feel, you won't be able to do what you need to do next."

"And what do I need to let myself do?" Stefan frowned.

"Get mad." Katherine stated.