chap.16

She's dead

My heart skipped a bit
No, it cant be. Dad please tell me you're joking

I said, my voice shaking.

I'm so sorry (Y/n).. it's hard for me too.

First mom and now this

I sat on the bed, processing the news

D-dad.. I will talk to you later okay? I'm sorry you need to deal with it and stay alone there.

No it's okay, bye. I love you

Love you too

I putted the phone on the bed and cry, alot. Why me? I thought why do I deserve it? What did I do?
I heard a knock on the door and wiped the tears. "yes?" I said, denki came in
"Are you okay?" He asked
"Yes, why wouldn't I?"
I said nervous "because your nose is red" he got closer to me a touched my nose "what happened? (Y/n)"
He looked into my eyes and I felt the tears coming back.

"Denki.." I said "nora, its nora"
I looked at him, the carpet was a little wet from the tears
"Your sister? What about her?"
He looked confused "she's.." I stopped, thinking if I should tell him
"S- she's, dead".

It was silent, denki looked at me shocked, terrified.
He suddenly pulled me into a tight hug
"I'm so sorry this is happening to you"
He said, he's voice shaking and braking
"You don't deserve all if this"
He picked me up and putted me on the bed "denki I'm fine, I'm not tired"
I said.

"No, maybe you're not.. sorry."
He looked embarrassed "I'm going to get you something to eat, what to you want"
He said "I don't want anything, I'm fine"
I said.

"No you're not, you're not and I know that. I can tell when you're lying. Everytime that you're sad you hide the fact that you need help. You're desperate for someone, or something to save you but you just cant ask for help. So you push your feelings away, hide them because you embarrassed in them. You think showing that you're sad make you weak. But (Y/n) it's okay! You dont need to hide it. Everyone is sad. Everyone feels depressed sometimes. Even me. So no, you're not fine and I am gonna get you something to eat because I know how much you love food. I didn't ask if you're fine, I asked what do you want to eat."

I was shocked that he knows so much about me, how he matched he's speech to my feelings.
"(F/f)..) I whispered

(f/f= favorite food)

"But you really don't have to, denki"
I said "wait I have a better idea!" Denki said "why won't you come with me? I think it will be good for you to come out.. what do you think?"
He smiled.
His smile warmed my body, it made me feel better, it made me feel more safe, more loved
"I guess so.." I got out of bed.

°°°

We got to the mall, I didn't want to be there. I didn't like all the people, all the noise, all the kids that messing around.

I remembered the fresh cuts on my arm, and decided to be careful.
"So, do you want ice cream or hamburger.. maybe sushi?"
Denki said, looking at all the shops
"I don't know, you can choose. I don't care" I said "but, (Y/n)" he looked at me
"This outbreak supposed to cheer YOU up. Not me. So you need to choose".

He took my wrist and I flinched to the touch on my open cut's. He thankfully didn't notice it and we continued to walk. "So you decided?" He asked
"Hmm.. Hamburger? I really don't care denki"
I said and released my self from his hand "okay," he smiled, "let's go to get hamburger!"
He said happily.

After we ate, well denki kinda forced me to eat my hamburger since I didn't touched it.. the feeling that he cares.. really comforting me, when I with him I feel like I'm important, like I'm worth it. And every time I look into his yellow eyes, I'm drowning, in a pool of happiness.

We sat on a bench, enjoying the warm sun of the summer that was close.
"How are you not hot in those long clothes?" Denki asked suddenly
My eyes winded "oh, this? Umm.. I don't know I'm always cold"
I said lies i thought
Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Always lies. You cant even tell him the real reason..wait but if I tell him.. If i tell him, he will think I'm disgusting and probably leave me.. I will keep it a secret.

He took my hand and rubbed his thumb on my fingers. He kept doing that and slowly took off my sleeve, I didn't notice it.
It revealed a long, white bandages all over my arms.
Denki's eyes winded. I quickly took my hand "its nothing.. just uhh, a cat scratched me. Don't worry"
I said and laughed nervously "(Y/n)"
He whispered.

His voice got deep, and scary "what" he stopped "what are those"
He looked in my eyes, I didn't saw happy as always, I saw anger, fear.. and guilty.
"Those are nothing to worry about"
I said "give me your hand."
"What? No"
"I said, give it to me, (Y/n)."
"No!"
He took my hand tightly and I tried not to scream from the burning cuts that are slowly opened.

Blood got on the bandages and denki took it off.

Denki pov's

I took off the bandages off her arm. I was terrified from what I've saw.
A long cuts, in lines was all over her arm.
Some of them was old and brown, some of them was fresh and red, blood still leaking out of them "what is this" I pointed at the bleeding arm. She looked ashamed and embarrassed "how long have you been doing this?!" I said loudly and hold her arm tightly.

"Denki, you're hurting me-"
"Why!!"
"I DON'T KNOW!" she cried "now stop! You won't understand and I don't think you care" she took the bandage and putted it on again slowly "why do you think I don't care?"
I said "because.." she hesitated "I don't know, now stop. It's not that big of a deal"
The sun was burning my face "how long..?".

I whispered "after my mom's death"
She whispered too and got up.
I felt the tears running down my face.
Because I knew, I was failed.

I was failed of being a friend.

Sheesh I didn't update in a while.
Hope you enjoyed besties!

Words: 1104