Chapter 8: Fire vs. Water

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"We can go shopping for some new clothes for you! That way you'll blend into us better, and you'll get to wear some cute outfits of Magnolia!" she clapped her hands in excitement.

"But, I don't have any money..." How many times did I have to say it?

"I told you, you don't need to worry about that. We just want you to feel like one of us right now, Elena. So, you should stop worrying!"

I knew she meant really well, but I just felt guilty for everything she's done and is willing to do. But, she looked so happy that I couldn't help smiling at her and giving in. "Okay, I'm sorry. When did you want to go?"

"As soon as possible, of course! Hurry up and get ready!" Lucy was already picking out her outfit for the day from her dresser.

"But, I want breakfast..." I wined.

"I'll make you some, just get ready while I do!" She rushed into her bathroom and shut the door behind her.

I couldn't help but smile while Eevee licked her paw to clean her face.

~~

It was now almost 3:00 in the afternoon, and the whole guild was piled into the square in the middle of town. I walked up to the crowd, starting to get excited in what I'd be showing them. My new outfit that Lucy bought me was a cute pink t-shirt that ended just above my belly button with a brown skirt. My boots also were a dark brown and had pink buckles that went up the sides of my legs. My high ponytail had a pink tie in it with a small flower on it to make me look cuter.

"Are you sure you don't want to back out?" Lucy asked for the fiftieth time.

"Lucy!" I scolded. "You're insulting me! I'll be fine, I promise. Just go and cheer me on, and take care of Eevee while you do." I had Eevee leap into her arms, and shooed her away with a hand motion. Speed-walking into the arena, Natsu was already warming himself up, popping his knuckles and testing his flames with his hand. I grinned evilly at him. He noticed.

"It's on, Elena!" he growled. "Get ready to burn down to the ground!"

I humphed. "I wouldn't get so cocky, Natsu. You haven't even seen my Pokémon at their best. Not even close." I sifted through my bag, picking out the first pokéball. I lifted it from the bag in its tiny state. "Where I'm from, we call a fight between two trainers a battle. If you can beat two of my team, that's when you should talk. So bring it, flame head! Show me what you got!" I pushed the button that enlarged the ball.

"I think she's the one who's cocky now," I heard from the crowd.

Natsu stomped the ground, fire blazing from his feet. He was obviously ready due to the anger in his face. "Then, come on!"

"Vaporeon, it's time to fight!" I threw the ball forward and upward, and the ball popped open to let out the flash of light that exploded into Vaporeon. She landed softly onto the concrete, waving her fishy tail from side to side. She stood in battle mode, ready to take whatever he could throw at her.

He chuckled, clearly not impressed. "It's the fishy one!" I heard a small voice say, with another one shushing him.

"Don't be rude!" I heard Carla scold.

My eyes closed, and the spark went through our minds. "I'm warning you, Natsu. Vaporeon's water is able to drench any fire. Even if it was a whole forest!"

"Fine with me, but I'm not a forest! FIRE DRAGON..." Here it comes!

"Go!" I yelled to her, but then realized that it was also pointed right at me, and gasped.