Old Wu was an expert at tracking footprints, so he knelt and carefully checked the perimeter of the body. After a while, he raised the flashlight in his hand and pointed at the ground next to the corpse's waist. "Look. Doesn't this look familiar?"

Their eyes immediately fell on a shallow footprint planted in the soft soil. Lisa immediately pulled out the photo of the footprints found next to the second body. Old Wu did a comparison and nodded. "The length and pattern of the footprints are identical - both footprints were left by the same person."

Da Hu looked towards Jungkook and frowned. "Captain, it seems like Chanyeol really isn't the murderer."

Jungkook did not answer him. Instead, Old Wu stood up and said, "That's not necessarily true as there are still two possibilities. Firstly, Chanyeol is indeed innocent. Secondly, Chanyeol has an accomplice."

Even so, Lisa knit her brows and replied, "That possibility is too small.... What are the odds?"

Everyone looked towards her and heard her say extremely solemnly, "Based on the murderer's methods, he values forming close relationships with the deceased. This relationship is personal, private, and exclusive to him. Psychopaths almost always works alone as sharing is meaningless to them."

"However, if Chanyeol doesn't have an accomplice, then it means that there is a second person who perfectly matches the criminal's profile. In other words, you're suggesting that two people with the exact same profile had appeared at the same time and place. This probability is really..."

Before she could finish talking, Jungkook interrupted her. "Focus on the evidence, Lisa."

Lisa felt her heart tighten and looked over to see him scanning their surroundings with a calm expression. "This case is relatively complicated, so we should not make any fixed assumptions for the time being as it will only mislead us. We will focus on the evidence for now."

"Firstly, based on the time of death, we know for a fact that someone else had killed Yeji. Secondly, Yeji entered the mountain ten days ago, but her body was only found today. During this period of time, we had police forces all around the mountain area, but we did not notice any suspicious vehicles entering or leaving. This shows that the house that the murderer used to imprison her is in the mountain area.

"I will immediately request for a larger police force to search the entire area. When we find the murderer's base, all our doubts will be cleared."

Everyone's spirits were lifted and even Lisa's mind suddenly cleared up. At this moment, Jungkook's mobile phone rang and he picked it up. "Station Chief... Yes, I understand, I will come over immediately." He hung up the phone and said, "I need to go to the province to report the case directly to the provincial government and the Provincial Public Security Department. In the meantime, Old Wu, you take over and help lead everyone. Also, the Provincial Criminal Investigation Unit might want to take over the case."

Everyone nodded and Taehyung asked, "Our colleagues from the police station said that Chanyeol's time in custody is up, so they had no choice but to let him go."

Jungkook nodded briefly, then turned around and left. After taking a few steps, he turned around once again to look at Lisa, whereby she nodded at him to acknowledge that she would take care of herself. Only then did Jungkook stride off.

Shortly after Jungkook left, the officers at the crime scene received news that the captain of the Provincial Criminal Police Unit would personally oversee the case while Jungkook would be his assistant.

The sky had already gotten dark by the time the captain of the provincial unit arrived at the scene. After this, police cars filled with officers from every city and county likewise slowly started to trickle into the area. The captain echoed the wishes of the director with a loud, booming voice. "Get ready to set off. We must find the murderer even if we have to turn the mountain upside down!"