A Tokka Story pt.5

Start from the beginning

Sokka was simply walking in the streets of Republic City, not knowing what to do...everyone seemed so, busy...the only thing he could possibly think of was to visit Katara...there were like- what? 2 months that he didnt saw or talked to his sister, which rarely happened...she just was busy, like everyone else...he got on the ferry and waited to arrive to the Island.

He was now in front of the door, hearing children scream and loud noises...wasnt Aang supposed to be without any particular duty in this month? He slowly knocked at the door, Aang slightly opened, he looked tired...at least the bags under his eyes did "Hi Sokka, come in" he made his way inside "woah, what happened it seems like you entered the Avatar state in here"

Aang sighed "its just, Bumi and Kya are sick, and since this morning it only got worse...theres this bug going on with the acolytes and we think they got it from them, Bumi cant stop to throw up and I think they gave it to me"

"DAAD I LOST MY SWORD I CANT FIND IT!" said a 8 year old Bumi from the other side of the room "COMING BUDDY"

Sokka went to his nephew and kneeled at his high "Hi Bu, how do you feel?" Bumi lift hus shoulders, looking at the action figure he had in one hand "the usual uncle"

Sokka got up "you couldve called me and I wouldve gave you a hand with them"
"Sokka, their our children were supposed to know how to take care of them"

"I know but with two kids and one on the way now its...challenging" said Sokka looking around
"it could be sometimes..." Aang sniffed and slightly couched
"wheres Katara?"
"in Kyas room, she has fever since this morning"
"Ill be right back"

Sokka made his way in the toy labirinth that was on the floor and entered Kyas room where was Kya jumping on the bed and Katara struggling to pick up some toys from the floor
"Hi sis"
"Sokka, what are you doing here?" she sounded slight annoyed, but it was understandable

"I thought id just came to say hi but...wow, you look tired" said he reaching for the toy Katara was picking "i AM tired" said Katara
"UNCLE SOKKA!!!" the 6 year old jumped on his uncles leg and hugged it "Hi Ky...would you help us to tidy this mess?" "mh k"
the girl went around and picked up a doll, accidentally sneezing on it "you know what? thats fine Ill do ut for you" said he as his sister continued to pick toys from the floor and his niece began jumping again.

"Kya"
the little girl stopped jumping and looked at her mother "Kya, sit down please"
"but mom-" "I SAID SIT DOWN" Sokkas back shivered as he heard Kataras voice raise to her daughter, Kya looked down and sat quietly on the bed, at this, Aang rushed in the room "what happened?" "ask your daughter" "sweetie come here," said Aang to Kya and dragging her to the other room.

"you shouldnt stress yourself like this...especially now" said he gesturing to Kataras 4 months pregnant belly, she sighed.

"ugh I know...theres already Aang to tell me these things but I cant just leave him alone with two children I would destroy him"
"you can call me, Id be happy to help him"
"I cant ask you this Sokka"
"yes, you can!? youre my sister!" said he a little surprised
"arent you busy?"
"I...I dont know, but today im all yours"

he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes "now, you sit down and I clean this mess"

he gave Katara a seat, she looked at him "I feel useless" she said crossing her arms "youre dealing with screaming sick kids since this morning, youve done far too much for today" "Im going to see hows Aang doing-" she managed to get up but Sokka stopped her "just relax for 5 minutes, just 5."

"fine, but stop babying me, im an adult now"
"and im older so I know whats right"
"but were under MY roof"
Sokka sighed "I dont want to fight with you Kat" "me neither...sorry im just- yawn tired and- I guess that the hormones did their thing"

"Kat, if you want to sleep, lay on the bed"
"nah...I mean- yawn maybe just a...little" said she lying on the soft bed, her eyes shut close and Sokka smiled seeing her finally comfortable "Kat, I finish-" he stopped talking when he heard his sister slightly snoring,

he sat on the chair and rubbed his temples...Katara was going to have another baby- he began realizing that...three children, three nephews...this one was the most unexpected one and Sokka was pretty sure it was a surprise for her sister too, after all she was happy...Sokka discovered how much he missed looking out for her, now that she didn't need protection anymore- he felt...empty but realised, he succed...he looked after her and now she was happy...she didnt need him anymore, Bumi was growing fast...so did Kya, and Lin was going to, he felt...late,

he had children? no. he had a wife? no. was he busy all along? no. He only had his job, and his family...that wasnt HIS family...just his friends families...

was that okay? I mean, yes...but he wanted more from his life...he wanted a little kid too...or a pearson to kiss, to love unconditionally, maybe his feelings for Toph were only his desire of love that he had transferred on the person he saw the most...ugh he was confused,

Bumi coughed loud...really loud...and Kataras eyes went wide open, once she sat up in bed she spoke "uh? what..." she asked still a little sleepy, Sokka sat near her "nothing just-" Bumi rushed in the room "Mom, it hurts!" "what sweetie?" "my throat! can you do something? Youre the best healer right?" "I- I cant heal in your mouth Bumi, but we can make some tea, come with me-" suddenly Aang was in the room

"Bumi, let mom rest for a bit" "sweetie, I dont want you to get sick" "Aang, Ive stayed with them all day" said Katara visibly annoyed "I know but-"
"UGH I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE, GET OUT"

Sokka picked Bumis hand and walked out, Aang was on the doorway "sweetie" Katara didnt answer "Katara come on" he sat near her on the bed, she sighed "I want to sleep...and kiss you...and hug and cuddle and-"

he kissed her out of nowhere, when he pulled away she slightly smiled "thanks" "well get through this okay? We just need some sleep thats all" Katara melted in his touch as they slowly fell asleep in eachothers arms...

later Sokka came in when he heard the fight finished and saw them, sleeping together like when they were 12...he could smell the scent of their love in the air and he loved it...the love suddenly became jealousy, was he going to have that kind of thing one day? Or he was just gonna be bad lucky in love...this thoughts poisoned his mind when their nephews, sheepishly joined their parents and began sleeping in that little bed as a family, a family he was never going to have.

A/N: ummm, I wrote this like 7 times so, I cant do anything better that this...I wanted to explore the fact tha Kataang is a perfect couple, not get me wrong I love them their my favorite ship and they surely have trouble but...at the end they found eachother and theyre happy, If I was a character of atla I would be kind of jealous so I wanted for Sokka to realise that everybodys changed and hes the only who didnt. Hope u liked this!