Prerequisites (Felix)

"You wanna be partners?"

Diya looks up from her notebook, gliding her capped pen along each line and reciting notes silently.

"Mm?" She looks a little surprised that he wanted to be partners with her when there were other people in the class he could've potentially picked.

"Yea for sure" she nods at him and he nods back in approval.

It was their lunch break, and there were only 5 scarce minutes left until the bell would ring and beckon them to their next classes, talk about freedom.

There was a project introduced yesterday, however Diya was unable to ponder much thought on it and forgot to find a partner. There were too many other things on her homework checklist for her to immediately get started on a history project.

So Lee Felix conveniently asking her just before their next history class was a blessing. They didn't even discuss the topic at hand yet, but when the bell finally rang, she walked to class knowing she didn't have to search for a partner or beg the teacher to let her work independently.

They chose adjacent seats and waited patiently, and when their teacher finally came in with a t-shirt saying "don't make me repeat myself" Diya wondered if it was simply a pun, cus y'know, history repeats itself, or if the teacher was just impatient.

"If you guys haven't chosen a partner and a revolution in the past to work on, I suggest you do so in the next 5 minutes. Today will be a work period. It shouldn't take longer than that to find someone to work with."

Diya turned her chair towards him, and he got off his phone simultaneously. They just looked at each other for a few seconds, a little awkward.

They weren't really friends, just classmates that knew of each other cause they had a mutual friend or two. The only reason he probably asked her was that she had good grades, thought Diya.

Felix honestly didn't really know anyone else, so Diya was his first option. And she's smart. He mentally noted

"What would you like to research about" she asked first, breaking the silence and staring at him monotonously.

"We could do the Donghak peasant revolution" he suggested

"Oh good idea." She immediately stuck her nose in her notebook and wrote that down. He leaned over to see some of her own suggestions

"The white lotus in China sounds good too"

"To be honest," she starts
"I think the Russian might be the easiest, and there's plenty of information online"

"Okay sure Russian"

So they grabbed laptops from the cart and did some research together.

————————————————————————

They agreed to meet at Felix's place on a Sunday, so that they could get at least half done during their weekend. They still had until Friday. She came over standing awkwardly at the door, hesitating to ring the doorbell. Her free hand that wasn't holding her phone pulled at the bottom of her sweatshirt. She decided to just text him to open the door.

Before she could hit send, Felix caught sight of her and opened the door wide enough for her to get a wide view of his interior.