Muichiro Tokito |Once Upon a Dream

Start from the beginning

a groan escapes your lips for thinking too much, Muchiro watching you silently as you slump down the couch. he never notices it before but looking at you closer now, did you always have bright eyes.

"Someone once said to me that Souls can't move on unless they realize they're dead" you begin, slumping on the couch.

"I know I'm already dead and I accept it," he says easily like he wasn't just talking about life and death. silence fell between you two, you can't help but admire him even more, aside from being the youngest Hashira, he's so devoted to his position as the Mist Hashira.

To accept his death easily is not something everyone can do.

"Don't ghost usually have something keeping them from moving on?" you wondered out loud, eyes staring at the ceiling.

"like regret?" you asked, while he shook his head

"love ones you weren't able to say goodbye too"

"I don't have one" he sigh, arms crossed against his chest. even he can't understand what's happening, he just wants to finally rest and maybe join his brother, but for some reason, he can't. he got startled for a bit when you suddenly pulled yourself into a seating position.

"maybe your soul can't move on because there's something you haven't done yet" you mumbled, "is there something you haven't done before?"

It was a simple question, yet it made Muichiro stop, rather than asking what he hasn't done before it would be easier to answer; what had he been doing, all he has done was train and train until his body collapses in exhaustion.

noting his silence, and furrowed expression all you can was sigh until an idea pop into your head.

"This is not going anywhere" you stood up from your seat all the while Muichiro's eyes snapping back at you, curious to what you have to say next "you know what let's just go somewhere"

with that, you took Muichiro places after places, villages after villages, festivals, beaches, anywhere you can think off. at first your main purpose is to help find him his peace but as days passed by you lose your purpose, in the end, you started to enjoy yourself, captivated by the things you never had seen before.

To Muichiro, he actually finds it fascinating, he was sure he had passed by that road countless times for his missions but he never once notice its beauty. maybe because he never stops by to actually took it in. somehow, as he stood there watching the sun disappear, it was kind of nice.

ever since the day you discovered Muichiro's ghost, you haven't talked to anyone, afraid you might accidentally blurt out you can see Muichiro's ghost and be deemed crazy. and it's not like anybody had come looking for you.

"That was nice, those actors are so good" you excitedly exclaimed, you and Muichiro walking side by side to get back to your room, after watching a theater together.

"Why are you so happy? I can't help but think you're just doing what you want" he scoffs in offense even though his tone says the opposite.

you chuckled, "I can't help it, there are so many things I wanted to do with you, I never knew you were such a good company"

"Next time, let's go see the lantern festival together!"

your conversation fell short as two demon slayers bump into each other, the other one dropping his bouquet and immediately picking it up.

"hey be careful, this is very important," the demon slayer said, annoyed as he quickly picks up the scattered flowers, the other demon slayer helping to pick them up.