Chapter 6 - No escape

HELPPP GUYS IT BEEN WHILE IM SORRY IM IN HUGHSCHOOOL NOW SO THIS IS PROBABLY WAYYY BETTER WRITTEN THAN THE OTHER CHAPTERS THIS WAS A SPEED RUM TBH CUZ I STARTED BINGING THE SHOW AGAIN SOOO WHOO KMOWS MAYBE ILL WRITE MORE OFTEN :3 (OH AND THE FANART IS OFC FROM VITAMINPOP ON TUMBLR)

∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯

Something about this guy's face bothered Kakeru. He didn't know who the guy that picked up the phone was but he was sure that he was someone important, Kakeru could see Yuki next to the Black-haired boy, Yuki was just sitting there with a blank expression on his face, like he had just lost the last piece of humanity that was left in him. As if his body was present but his soul was gone. Like he was dead. While on the other hand, this other guy was just staring at Kakeru with his pitch black eyes, and a condescending smile. Kakeru had just been looking at his phone for a couple of seconds , not knowing what to do. Akito noticed this and was amused. He could even inflict fear on people just by looking at them and they weren't even face to face. Akito turned to Yuki and said,

"Don't be rude, Yuki. Introduce me to your friend."
"Akito this is Kakeru, he is the vice president of the student council, and Kakeru this is Akito, The Sohma family head and one of my relatives. Akito is very... dear to me."
Maybe Kakeru was reading too much into this but. Kakeru was just "vice president of the student council" to Yuki? I mean sure they haven't known each other for that long but come on? Is that all Kakeru was to him? Is that why Yuki hadn't talked to him that much lately? But who was Kakeru to think that Yuki and him were close? Yuki was the most popular guy at his highschool. Then again. Yuki had entrusted him with many things that he'd never entrusted other people with.
Kakeru's thoughts were racing but it was better to focus on what was going on in the present.
"Nice to meet you to Akito, I wish we could have met in person instead of like this-"
"Maybe someday we'll.. I saw your text messages to Yuki here and I have to say, I was a little bit intrigued.. You call him.. Yun-Yun? Is that sort of a pet name?" Akito chuckled a bit.
"Oh. That. It's a joke between the student council members I guess.."
"Makes sense. Yuki is a joke. No wonder you all gave him such a comical and laughable name."
"I wouldn't call him a joke. He doesn't like the name, but we didn't give him the name to make fun of him just to have a name to call him that was just between the group since lots of people at our school call him by his last name. It's just a name because well. He's our friend."
"So you're the one doing this to him. I see. Let me give you a piece of advice.Yuki here is living in delusion. He is self centered, self absorbed, greedy, weak narcissistic and manipulative. I recommend you stay away from him for your own good. Yuki or as you call him "Yun-Yun" loves to make it seem like he's the victim, when in reality he's the one who has such a horrible personality to where no one wants to be around him anymore, and he fails to understand that he's meant to be utterly alone. I mean who would want to be surrounded by a person like him. I assume he knows even if he manages to make one person not hate him entirely that it's not going to last any long and if it does. After graduation. He will be with me and none of his. So called friends"
Yuki heard all of this. Yuki had already heard it before. Multiple times. But he hadn't heard it that recently though. He used to hear it every day. In that room. He was told over and over again that he was meant to be forever alone, and that he was only alive to make sure the numbers matched up. That he had no purpose. The thing is that Akito was right. Yuki had been living in delusion. Although he knew at the end of it all he would return back to Akito along with all the other Zodiac. He still held out hope in finding someone who could be there for him and be his friend, But something like friendship wouldn't save him from his curse. He'd always yearned for friendship. When he first met Kyo. All he wanted to do was be friends with him. But, what he yearned for now wasn't what he yearned for with Yuki. He yearned for an escape. The escape being. Falling in love. But he knew that since he was living in delusion. He would never fall in love. The only love he is allowed to have is the love between him and Akito. There was no escape from all of that.
"Self absorbed? What do you even mean by that? I mean yeah he mopes around and looks sad and has a lot on his plate so maybe he thinks a lot but that doesn't make him self absorbed or bad perso-"
"Kakeru." Yuki looked at him through the phone with the most forced smile a person could ever ever have. "Akito knows me better than anyone else so if he sees me that way he is probably right. He's known me before I was even born. He is the family head after all. So please don't contradict him."
Yuki knew that if he let Kakeru go any further Akito would've gotten furious at Kakeru and that was the last thing he wanted to happen. He didn't want another innocent person who had nothing to do with the Sohmas to experience Akito's rage.
"Oh yeah I'm sorry I guess, I just don't know you as well as Akito does, you two must be super duper cooper close. I could never compare to someone like him. You two seem like two peas in a pod. He seems to understand and know you better than anyone else and you must entrust him with your thoughts so what would I know about your personality. Sorry Akito for contradicting you."
This was the most serious facetime Kakeru had ever been in. Akito's eyes just kept piercing his soul. Kakeru was kind of losing it since all he wanted was to talk to his friend and what he got was a random guy telling him that he shouldn't be friends with Yuki since he's supposed to be this big, horrible guy. But everytime Kakeru talked to him he was the most wonderful person Kakeru had ever met. Kakeru hated seeing Yuki talk bad about himself but seeing him let himself be talked down to by someone who was supposedly dear to him and Kakeru not being able to defend him. It made him feel worthless. All Kakeru wanted to do was let Yuki have a little escape from reality. He hated it. So yes he did let out a little bit of sarcasm so he wouldn't lose his shit. 
"Yeah I mean you could say that. Me and Yuki along with the other Sohmas are close. Thanks for admitting you were at fault."
Machi walked in on kakeru. She just looked at him. He was sitting down like a normal person for once he wasn't slouched down or anything and had a serious expression so it was kinda odd to see "Hey kakeru. Are you okay? You seem tense."
"Oh no I'm fine Machi! I'm just talking to Yuki and Akito. This is great. I'm having a blast."
"Okay...- just tell me how long you'll be up cuz I'm tryna go to bed."
"Alright it won't be long, promise." Kakeru smiled and gave her a big thumbs up.
"Oh. It is late, sorry for calling you this late in the afternoon, I just heard so much about you I was curious. And worried about someone feeding into his delusions, I already have Honda to deal with. But you seem like you won't be an issue."
'Akito, you are a great guy and I'm really glad to have met you.'
Kakeru has probably lied more today than he had all of last week. He meant literally almost nothing he'd said. He was definitely not glad he met Akito.  He could tell one wrong thing. Yuki would be the one to pay for it. It was just like how it was between him and Machi when they were younger. One wrong move, one wrong thing, one wrong gesture and everything would have crumbled down. He couldn't be the one responsible for all of that.
"Well I hope I see you again, but next time let's speak in person. It'll be more fun."
Yuki clearly would rather die than see that happen and Kaeru could tell. "Bye kakeru." Yuki said in a nervous voice "Bye Yuki.See you tomorrow."
Kakeru felt like being a little bitch so he didn't say bye to Akito and hung up on Akito before he could say goodbye.
------------
AT THE SOHMA ESTATE ∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯

Akito handed Yuki the phone. "Yun-Yun.. That guy is really stupid. I can't believe he would waste his last year of highschool on someone like you. I have to say he is a little less stupid than honda. At Least he knew that I was right and he was wrong."

Yuki knew that Kakeru only said all of that to not start arguments. Kakeru would normally jump at the opportunity to tease or bother someone but he knew that this was serious so he refrained himself.

Yuki nodded at what Akito said. "Akito. I must admit to you that Kakeru is much more than what you think of him. Just how I'm much more than what you think of me."

Akito got up from where he was sitting and smacked Yuki in the face. "How can it be after years and years of me telling you this still won't sink in. There is no escape. You're nothing. You're worthless and useless. You're not much more than what I think of you. You are what I say you are. Im god. You're a rat. A pathetic rodent. That is what you are. What you always will be. Don't you ever. Say anything like that ever again."
After a couple of hours, they met up with Hatori and had dinner together. It was an odd group but Hatori had come to check up on Yuki since Ayame had seen Akito slap him across the face. (he was walking by the room they were in) Ayame, being dramatic, told Hatori that he had dented his face and that the damage could be permanent. But yeah no. It was just a slap.
Hatori walked Yuki out of the Sohama estate and drove him to gure's house. As they walked up the steps, Hatori talked to him about Akito.
"Yuki, Change is good for you and seems to be affecting you well. Akito is afraid of this. Continuing to change it is the best thing to do for your own sake. But when around Akito please refrain from talking back to Akito or else maybe what Ayame said might come true. We don't want Akito to dent your face."
Yuki giggled. Ayame was always so dramatic "Yeah I doubt that'll happen but yeah sorry it sort of just came out, he said something about Kakeru I had just let him push Kakeru around I wasn't going to let that happen behind his back you know?" '
Hatori just patted his head and said "Be careful with that boy Kakeru. I hope I get the pleasure of meeting him because he seems to be a good influence..."
He is, isn't he...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE NEXT DAY ∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ◦∘∘◦ ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐶ ⋯

As Machi and Kakeru were walking up the steps of the school. Kakeru saw Yuki. He smiled. He really missed him even if it had just been a couple of days... Yuki walked up to them.
"Hey Kakeru, Oh my god you look tired are you good?"
Machi said "He didn't get an ounce of sleep, he was up all night, he ate our whole pantry."
"MACHIII YOUR NOt SUPPOSED TO TELL PEOPLE THATT.!"
"Whoops" Machi shrugged and walked off to her classroom.
"Since when did she get all sassy." Kakeru asked.
"I guess your rubbing off on her-"
"Yeah, maybe we've been hanging out alot more than usual."
"Oh by the way, I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable last night, I really didn't know what to do. Don't take anything he said about you to heart. You're a great person and I'm glad to be your friend. You're so much more than a friend and you're definitely more than just the student council's vice preside-"
Kakeru just hugged him. That's all he needed to hear. If Yuki knew that something that Akito said was wrong then maybe later he'll realize that what Akito said about him is also wrong. He had no words to say to Yuki he just wanted to hold him tightly.
"You're a great person to Yuki. You are my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better one."
Still.. The word friend didn't really describe what Yuki was to Kakeru.