2

-george pov-

i made my way upstairs into my room and closed the door. i threw my bag onto the ground and walked towards my bed.

once i sat down i pulled up my sweatpants and looked at the bruises. the bruises didn't seem to be getting any better. if anything they were only getting worse.

he would always end up kicking the same exact spot. since he was kicking the same spot the bruises didn't go away. i've had ones that lasted multiple months before they went away.

i felt a sudden vibration in my sweatshirt pocket which was my phone going off. before checking what it was i walked towards my closet and put on a short sleeve shirt. hopefully my mom wouldn't end up coming in my room and seeing the bruises scattered on my arm.

i walked back to my bed and picked up my phone. it was from a random number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
hey

i began typing out a response. i was going to ask who it was, but before i could reply they sent another text.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
it's dream btw

oh. hey

dream
how do you plan on working on the project?

we can work in the library after school

the library's always so crowded though. can i come to your place?

why not yours?

we can't

why not?

just can't

okay then.

great. now dreams coming over to my house to work on our project. how am i supposed to explain this to my mom? she's going to think we're dating or something. ever since i came out to her she thinks every guy i'm friends with is my boyfriend.

i can't have her think we're dating. first of all, dreams homophobic. second of all, his friends are assholes and so is he. he doesn't hurt me like dylan and sapnap, but he does nothing to stop it. he obviously doesn't care that much.

just the thought of him coming over made me cringe. we never talk. ever. and now i'm supposed to go a week seeing him. every single day.

yeah, no thank you.

i shut my phone off and turned it back on again to check the time.

3:19pm

i looked at the date underneath it and realized what day it was.

today was the day of that party. it was one of the largest parties yet. everyone from school was invited. it was at some random guys house, nate.

nates parents were never home. they were always staying at a vacation house across the country. which is why he always threw a bunch of parties.

yeah, i may be the quiet kid in school. but that was only in school. outside of school i loved going to parties. i didn't care if i got drunk. i liked it.

the party started later tonight. i planned on sneaking out a couple minutes after it already started.

there's always one rule. which is to never be the first person at a party.

only another seven hours and i'll be able to leave.

-

i slowly opened my bedroom door and lightly shut it. i walked down the stairs slowly seeing i had to skip over the squeaky steps. once i got downstairs i made my way towards the door and went outside.