The stray and the outsider

Third-person pov

It was early morning, and Y/n had awoken early. The teen stared up at the ceiling, his mind racing with thoughts he hadn't entertained in a long time.

Y/n: "That dream again..."

Slowly rising from his bed, he let out a long yawn. His gaze shifted to his left, where his lover Blake Belladonna was still asleep, clinging to one of his shirts.

Y/n: smiles "Silly kitty."

Y/n leaned over and softly kissed her on the lips. The bright (h/c) teen then got out of bed and walked over to the desk. On the desk, a solitary picture frame held an old photograph of his parents. The photo had faded over time, its edges were torn, and it bore creases from being folded multiple times. Y/n picked up the photo, a small smile gracing his lips. He could remember their faces from the dream, if only for a fleeting moment.

 He could remember their faces from the dream, if only for a fleeting moment

( yea Kenshin is a dog Faunus in the story at least)

 (a/n: and his mother the human that fell for y/n's father)

Y/n: "Miss you guys."

Blake: yawns "Y/n? Are you alright?"

Y/n: "Hm, yeah, just lost in thought."

Blake: "About...?"

Y/n let out a sigh, walking over to the bed. The teen plopped face-first into Blake's thighs, and she began to gently stroke his head, a smile forming on her lips. Y/n then flipped over onto his back to meet his lover's gaze.

Y/n: "I'm just... worried."

Blake: "Why are you worried, love?"

Y/n: "Well, Blake, we're Faunus, and we face a lot of hate. I get it the worst because of my mother. I'm the outsider—people call me a half-breed just to insult me. I don't want you to be hated by the Faunus community because you're with me."

An awkward silence filled the room as the two contemplated Y/n's words. Suddenly, Blake flicked Y/n's forehead, surprising him.

Y/n: "Huh?"