But I don't make it easy for him. I take my time to get out, making sure to test his patience and when I finally do stand up, I turn around and bend back into the car, in search of my lost phone, that is until his voice sounds from behind me, impatient and extremely bothered. "Leave it." He grits.

I straighten out, spin around and glance down at his hand that's called into a fist at his side before walking right past him and into the empty diner, not bothering to look if he's behind me.

Other than the old lady working both the register and floor, the place is empty. I send her a warm smile and a wave as Alessio catches up, stepping into my personal space from behind.

I make a move to step away from him., but he merely places a hand on the small of my back and leads us down the isle, towards the same booth we were sat at the last time.

"Sit." He speaks taking his seat and nodding to the one on the other side as he starts to open up the menu, not even looking up at me.

I stop as my glare intensifies and a nasty rebuke sits on the top of my tongue, but I hold off on speaking to him and simply turn around, making a show of trying to leave.

I only stop when his tense voice sounds again. "Would you please sit down." Despite using all the terms one would in a question, it sounds like a demand coming from a domineering man, one that I'm sure hardly ever uses the word please.

Gritting my teeth, I take a seat as he studies his menu, not even sparring me a glance. I grab my menu and snap it open, scowling at the words before me. 

Who did he think he was?

I was mad, why was he acting so hard headed and rude? He should be swimming with guilt no acting so harsh. It makes me so mad that I can't even bother to eat at a time like this, and so with a slightly dramatic flare, I shut my menu, toss it on the table and lean back in my chair with crossed arms.

But the stupid brute doesn't budge. He continues studying his menu as he brings his thumb up to rub against his lower lip in contemplation.

I try not to think about how attractive he looks with his tongue poking out to wet his lower lip in concentration as he studies the menu, and when it doesn't work, I force my eyes away.

I wasn't going to get anything. So instead of reading my menu, I resort to fiddling with mamá's diamond bracelet. I rarely ever left the house without it, only removing it when I showered.

Unlike the diamonds hanging from my ears, this bracelet was irreplaceable. It wasn't just the sight of the materialistic item, it was the way it made me feel. Calm and at ease, how mamá made me feel.

"What can I get for you two today?" The waitress' question snaps me out of my thoughts and I smile at the older lady. She looked tired, and far too old to be working on her feet all day.

I send her a polite smile, and shake my head, "I won't be ordering-"

Only I'm cut off by the man across from me who speaks, his attention still on the menu. "She'll have a grilled cheese and an Oreo milk drink." I turn my head to glare at him, but he merely shuts his menu, grabs mine and hands it to the woman. "I'll have a black coffee and a club sandwich."

He doesn't even bat an eye as she leaves, he simply leans back in his chair, crosses his arms and slides his legs forward, his leg brushing mine in the process. "You're too old to be giving me the silent treatment."