☾ chapter 30 pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Class, what does the word red symbolise?"said Mr Jung.

"Ugh! Here we go again," I muttered under my breath but it somehow reached Mr Jung's ears.

"What was that, Jaerin? You know the answer? Say it to the class then," I could tell the man really hated me but there's nothing I can do about a brain that doesn't want to absorb information other than kpop lyrics and kdrama phrases.

"Red symbolises the blood that covered the weary woman that manipulated her own daughter through her life. The blood from her guilty mistakes that she only felt sorry for toward the end," I took a breathe, "Red also symbolises the love that she felt towards her loved ones and because of the guilt she feels towards the end, the readers pitied her yet wanted the best for herself and her family," Mr Jung nodded, I think he wanted me to continue.

"On the other hand, Red could alternatively be symbolic to demons and how she performed black magic on her daughter. Furthermore, Red could also symbolise hope, hope for change for the future if her and her families life," I finished. Yes my English essay that I just spoke out wasn't so good but you can't blame my brain cells that Shakespeare already helped me lose.

Anyways, English finished pretty early for me and Haechan once again today. Taeyong took us out of lessons for the rest of the day in order to complete a difficult mission. It was the day that NCT were finally going to fight Ateez with the help of The Boyz.

Honestly today felt like a blur and my low iron wasn't helping with my situation. Something about today seemed out of place. My gut instinct is usually right and I really hope it's wrong today.

<time skip>

We were in the car and on the way to something that looked like a construction site. Haechan held onto my hand, hoping that I wouldn't be out of his sight once again.

"Are you okay, baby? Are you scared?" he muttered.

"No, but will you miss me if I get kidnapped again?"

"Don't say that or you'll jinx it," he seemed desperate for my presence but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to give it to him until my father comes to take me. He'll come and take me tomorrow, stripping me out of Haechan's life once and for all.

A tears slid down my cheek as I closed my eyes reminiscing about our memories. There's still an empty part of my memory and I need to find out what it is.

As soon as we arrived, the boys grabbed the weapons from the back of the van and made their way to the front of the construction building where Ateez stood confidently. Wooyoung stood in the centre of the group, smirking as I lowered my head and looked at the floor, his stare filling my body with uncomfort.

A gunshot was fired into the air, marking the start of the battle. Haechan went straight for Wooyoung, holding him by the collar and throwing countless punches on his skin. The moment Wooyoung tasted a metallic taste longer in his mouth he felt the anger that he had suppressed before my and unleash before everyone.

He held Haechan's neck in his two hands and starting squeezing harder and harder. Haechan felt that it was difficult to breathe and tried to get out of his hold yet Wooyoung's abusive side smirked and threw a strong punch across Haechan's face. Luckily he was able to dodge it but instead Jaemin took the hit and collapsed on the floor.

2 hours later

The battle still commenced as Jaemin laid on the side, not sure whether he was conscious or not but it was too dangerous to even check since you may be ambushed.

Once all of Ateez were on the floor, the only person left to be injured had to be Wooyoung. He was too hefty for everyone so managed to escape. The day's accomplishment felt too great to be out of place yet my gut instinct attempted to give me major hints.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

HAPPY HAECHAN DAY 🥳

AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO STILL BREATHE??! YO MY GUY IS 21 AND IS LOOKING LIKE THAT WHEN I LOOK LIKE A BIN RAT

AND YOU'RE TELLING ME TO STILL BREATHE??! YO MY GUY IS 21 AND IS LOOKING LIKE THAT WHEN I LOOK LIKE A BIN RAT...HE IS ETHEREAL