i, nine

THERE'S ALWAYS A PRICE TO EVERYTHING IN LIFE

Emiliya was fast to move away from the table, feet moving towards a bookshelf at the Southern wall of the cabin. She couldn't possibly be the only resurrected Grisha, or say the only one without a known and directly orchestrated ritual and most certainly with a body that was preserved in salt water for over a decade.

"Okay, what are you looking for?" He just watched her search the little stack of books he had on display because at this certain point even Cian hadn't known how to feel anymore or where her mind was wondering with the information she had to digest in a short amount of time. Perhaps that was one thing the Second Army was fast to teach them, turn their emotions off with the snap of a finger, learn to cope with things you shouldn't be accepting or calm about.

"I just need to know." Her fingers ran past the rough edges of the spines, some worn out at the edges and others unharmed. What kind of book holds the information about the undead? Was there even one to posses so? "Know what?"

"If Aleksander resurrected me, I need to know how." As the dark-haired man shook to life, the girl's eyes searched the room in hopes to find more books, he wouldn't say she had been possessed upon needing to know what he did to her, but she certainly appeared to be determined for whatever it was she needed to find through the text of a book still. Not with the tears that sat dry against her cheeks, or with the ache in her throat and lungs from the sobs that raged through them minutes ago. "Who cares, you're alive!"

Cian was never the one to solve but the one to mend, to in rare occasions raise his voice, and that too meant the literal definition of being able to mend the wounded being a Healer. He had been the one listening, ensuring no one did something reckless, tried his hardest to keep everybody alive even if they had on different ends of the country potentially staring death in the eye. It had been Raisa who deemed to be the most trouble out of them all long, seeking out danger rather than staying away from it: it was one of the reasons she was most suited for the Northern borders, she was the one with nine lives and made it out each time. If one weren't to count being slaughtered by the Shadow Summoner like many.