i, eleven

I AM ...

Gurgling river was soothing in a way, just as the sun rising had. And out in the shadows of the mountain valley and its riverbed the restlessness of her soul did not stir, not soothed regardless of the calm world around her, regardless of knowing there was no place safer on Earth than right there and then.

The blues of her eyes watch the golden and rosy shade embrace the outlining of the clouds with a glowing just past the ridges of the mountain tops, bare feet resting between the soil and coldness of water passing over them, and the blades of the grass brushing past her exposed skin with the soft blow of the wind as she sat listening to the everlasting still of the world, she used to be a part of. A world of tranquil her younger self had once known before the world she changed into a battlefield, a sense she had wished for all to know.

Emiliya's gaze faltered down to the passing water, fingers tracing a fading line into its downriver stream as she pushed herself straighter to lean her chin upon her knees. In the world they lived there was no way to escape the peace, not even the one she found by being revived, not for long.

Even if she had wished stay in serenity, the course of her story needing to be told would no let her, the things that had to become had always meant to happen no matter how hard she would come to resist what was bound to be.

The world never spoke of her as a Saint for her name had not be known, no face had been remembered and no tale was to be told because there were no stories based on her truth. That was the sole reason she was known as a myth, as lore and nothing else. Because most of what the people knew in the present was based on speculation heard in passing, things created over time based on the little that remained, the fifteen years alterations became to be even as some began to be written down on paper for the children to be told. And no one spoke of the woman as a hero or a villain, but always as a woman one with Ravka, for standing beside her people as one regardless of being a Squaller, vanished in the place that heaved heavily under the border wars from time to time ever since it had first been taken on her eight year.