Episode 6- "The Final Fall"

The Battle of Atlas has ended. The Grimm, Neo, Hazel, and Tyrian have retreated. The giant Whale flew away, swallowing up the flying monkeys and other Grimm as it departed. Whatever Grimm remained were crushed by the Atlas military. Winter and Weiss just managed to fight their way out of the Whale before it exited.

Qrow went off to find Ruby. Weiss rushes over to Blake and Yang, and the three of them embrace in a long, long hug. When they break apart, Yang paces around anxiously, her shirt having been stripped off and her chest bandaged from the wounds Salem pierced through her back. Jaune, Ren, and Nora are sitting together on the steps leading up to Atlas. All around, soldiers are getting nursed and healing their wounds, several more having gone throughout the Kingdom to offer aid to burning buildings and struggling citizens. The death toll, is high.

Neo and Flynt sit together off to the side, shoulder-to-shoulder. The remaining Ace-Ops (Harriet, Elm, and Vine) approach Winter and Salute her. Winter salutes them back, before sitting down and clutching her side in agony. Jaune uses his Semblance as best he can to help as many people as possible. No one really speaks.

Soon, Qrow returns, carrying an unconscious Ruby in his arms. Ruby's cape is ripped, with most of the red fabric being wrapped around her eyes, which everyone saw get sliced off on the broadcast. Qrow gently places Ruby down on the steps beside Yang. Yang gasps and cradles Ruby in her arms, her eyes shining with tears.

Yang: Come on Ruby, come on.

Jaune tries using his Semblance. He goes over and carefully undoes Ruby's bloody blindfold. Everyone gasps as they see the scars and cuts all across her face, where her eyes used to be. Now, they're gaping holes. Jaune manages to stop the bleeding, but the eyes don't return. The scars don't fade

Jaune: (looking down) I'm sorry, but I won't be able to heal her eyes. This kind of damage is irreversible.

Suddenly, Ruby coughs, and everyone holds their breath. Ruby tries opening her eyes, but her eyelids are now closed shut and scarred. She sits up, rubbing her head. Yang squeezes her so tightly in the biggest hug.

Yang: (crying) I promised I'd come back.

Blake falls to the ground by their side. Weiss is standing, hugging one of her arms tightly as she watches. The Relic of Knowledge is attached securely to her hip. Weiss turns to Winter.

Weiss: I'm going back for him.

Winter nods.

Winter: Protect them. And the Relic.

Weiss: (still holding the Lamp) I will.

While everyone is tending to their wounds and regrouping, Weiss sets out for the Schnee manor. Qrow walks over to Winter, and he sits down beside her. Yang helps Ruby sit up.

Ruby: What about Penny?

Yang: We... don't know where she is.

Ruby: (frantic) We have to go and find her!

Nora: Ruby, she's probably miles away by now. She's buying us time.

Ruby opens her mouth to say something else, but then closes it. She buries her face in her hands, feeling where her eyes used to be. Blake's mouth is slightly open, and her ears are back in sadness. Yang notices that something's wrong.

Yang: (to Blake) What is it?

Blake: (hesitating for a moment) It's... (she looks at Ruby). Ruby almost died today. We're all lucky to be alive. I'm grateful, but I'm also terrified. I never want to feel that fear again. But we will. This is far from over.