Episode 1- "Fear"

The scene opens up right where Volume 7 left off. Salem flies atop of her Whale Grimm just as team RWBY and co. are leaving the Kingdom. Salem charges towards Atlas and immediately breaks down the defenses, as if they were meaningless. Several Atlas drones and airships were destroyed by her forces, creating a clear path to her destination; the floating city of Atlas. The hard-light shields instantly vanish, and Salem's Whale Grimm soars through the clouds, followed by a swarm of flying Grimm "monkeys" by her side. She parks her Whale right on the lawn of Atlas Academy as if she owns the place. Hundreds of robotic soldiers and the Ace-Ops are waiting there for her, along with team FNKY, students who chose to fight, and dozens of military Huntsmen. There's a ringing silence after the Whale lands, Huntsmen readying their weapons. For one horrifying moment, no one makes a move.

Suddenly, Salem leaps down and begins firing magic around left and right without warning. Soldiers die upon impact in less than seconds by Salem's hand. After her departure from its head, the Whale opens its mouth wide, and Neo, Tyrian, and Hazel exit, as well as hundreds of Grimm of all kinds. However, it's almost as if Salem could take on the entire Atlesian army by herself, and the Grimm are there just for show. The Ace-Ops charge into battle, in rough shape after their fight with team RWBY. The situation is extremely dire.

All throughout Atlas, Grimm are attacking the streets and buildings. Several houses catch fire and begin to burn and fall. Citizens run screaming, being picked off by the Grimm as if they were flies. Airships engage in a battle in the skies, explosions going off among the stars like fireworks. Salem takes flight as well, swirling around in a whirlwind of black smoke. From that height, no one can reach her, not that they would have a chance against her if they could. Any ships that try to strike the witch down are blasted apart by her magic. She's truly a force that no one's ever seen before. At any moment, Salem could burst through the doors of the Academy and try to steal the Relic, but instead, she smiles to herself, as if she's enjoying the needless battle all too much...

The fight for Atlas has begun.

Meanwhile, Ironwood has just come up from the Vault after shooting Oscar. His left arm is still in a cast, for he had no time to amputate it and install another prosthetic. He visits Winter in the hospital wing, oblivious to what's happening outside. Winter is badly injured from her fight with Cinder, but looks up when Ironwood enters. The two stare at one another sadly, both beyond tired. Before Ironwood can speak, an Atlas guard enters the room and salutes.

Guard: General! Qrow Branwen and Robyn Hill are now in custody. We've detained them along with Arthur Watts and Jacques Schnee.

Ironwood: (surprised) Robyn? I only wanted to speak with Qrow. Why is she here?

Guard: (apprehensively) Sir, um, Branwen wishes to see you immediately. He's... demanding it.

Ironwood: I don't believe he is in any position to bargain. But I need to talk with him anyway, so I shall grant him his wish. Is that all?

Guard: (hesitating) Um, no sir. A large Grimm has landed on the school grounds. The Ace-Ops are engaged in a battle but, it seems as if there's a woman controlling the Grimm. We're overpowered. Is she...?

The Guard stops as she notices Ironwood's expression of panic. Ironwood puts his hand to his mouth and walks to the glass, staring at Clover's lifeless body in the room across the hall.

Guard: Sir?

Ironwood: (to himself) She's here. (aloud) Please, leave us.

The guard salutes once again and exits, fearful. Ironwood doesn't turn around as Winter speaks.