ᴅᴇᴀʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I'm not stupid." Y/N retorted back.

"XD, you're crazy." Techno chuckled, shaking his head. [No, he's not laughing and calling Y/N crazy, XD is short for DreamXD. He's basically saying "God, you're crazy." I DON'T WANNA SEE NOBODY IN THE COMMENTS BRINGING UP THE DARK PAST OF THE EARLY 2000s.]

"You love me for it," Y/N hummed in a tease.

"That I do," Technoblade replied, putting on his boar mask.

"Then stop huffing and whining. Be a good boy and put on your armor, mkay?" Y/N spoke in a false-sweet tone.

Technoblade blushed a little from underneath his mask. "Yes ma'am."

"Ewww stop flerting." Tommy cried out from the doorway.

"Tommy? What are you doing up?" Y/N asked, walking over to the tall blonde boy.

"I couldn't sleep. I was worried about you," Tommy mumbled, seemingly embarrassed to have normal, human emotions.

"Aww, thanks, Kid. You should really go back to sleep though. I'm doing alright." Y/N smiled at Tom.

"Wait, what are you guys gearing up for?" Tommy asked, peaking over Y/N's shoulder to Techno, who was pulling a chest plate over his head.

"We're just- looking for someone," Y/N answered, her smile faltering into a more forced one.

"Who? I can help! I have excellent tracking skills." Tommy held his arm up, attempting what looks like a flex.

"I'm not sure. This is kind of a big job," Y/N trailed off.

"Wha- du-BU-ARE YOU DOUBTING ME?" Tommy raised his voice, annoyed.

"No, but I'm serious. You stay here with Astek. Okay?" Y/N stared into Tommy's blue eyes, sending him a message without words.

Hesitant, Tommy reluctantly backed off. "...Fine. But both of you better come back in one piece." 

Y/N chuckled. "Techno will be fine, he's with me after all." They gave Tommy a little wink, who smiled softly in response.

"Y/N, you ready?" Techno asked, now standing behind Y/N. 

She turned around, giving the tall man a pat on his chest. "Ready as I'll ever be."

---

The night was silent, quiet. There was nothing to be heard other than a couple of crickets, and maybe a couple of phantoms flying around in the distance, however not hostile. Technoblade and Y/N silently crept through the woods that bordered L'Manburg, meticulously placing each step in specific areas, careful not to step on a single stick. Not even the wind could hear the couple dancing along in the vast expansion of trees. They make their way closer and closer to the border of the country. There were no guards along the outskirts, which was lucky for them, but they still needed to be cautious about how they were going to approach the boundaries of L'Manburg. The two gave each other a small glance, before giving a short and quick nod. They mutually understood each others silent words. They rushed out of the forest, passing the thin line that marked the territory of their dark memories. The two communicated through silence, letting each other know what areas were clear and which weren't, before finally making it to the heart of L'Manburg.

Y/N was cautious, carefully looking around at their surroundings, before noticing a familiar, inhumanly tall, black and white friend. She raised her hand, signaling a halt to Techno. Something was off. He wasn't armed, nor geared. The purple particles around him were way more than the last time she had seen him. His mouth was opened ever so slightly as if his whole face was relaxed. His tail swaying side to side, he just stood there. Idle.