ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ.

[A/N] IMPORTANT! Chapter posts will be stunted due to author working on an animatic for their art channel, That's Definitely a Name. The animatic song is Castaways from the Backyardigans, lol. It's about the trauma the minors of the DSMP have been through due to the mental instability of the adults. Also, oneshots book coming soon! I'm really excited about it, because it will take requests and it'll be a good filler for when I can't post chapters on this story. I'll try my best to include everyone in the best way I can, varying from different pronouns for different chapters, different dsmp members (minors will only be platonic, sorry), varying between comfort, fluff, and angst! <3

---

𝓣𝓸𝓶𝓶𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥.

It was early in the day. Technoblade and Y/N had left, but they were worried about Tommy's safety due to the event that happened yesterday with Dream. So, as a result, Tommy was stuck with Ghostbur babysitting him. Though, it was more-so him babysitting Ghostbur. He was lowkey pissed off that Y/N and Techno thought he couldn't fend for himself, but he understood the situation at hand. A man in immense power is after him, and there's not much he can do about it.

"Tommy!" Ghostbur called. Tommy hummed, looking over the couch. He was working on his BSL book again, which he's been working on for a while now. He's got a majority of the basics down, and he memorized the entire alphabet and basic introductions. "Look!" Ghostbur excitedly said, leaning on his blue sheep.

"Wha- how the fuck did you get the sheep inside?" Tommy stared, surprised.

"Turns out, Friend isn't fat! He's just very fluffy!" Ghostbur smiled, melting into his blue friend.

"That's... that's lovely, Ghostbur." Tommy awkwardly smiled, turning back to his book. He didn't want to come off as rude to Ghostbur. After all, he's the ghost of his older brother. The brother he admired so much.

Tommy always admired his family. Philza was a whole entire immortal with excellent combat skills, Wilbur wasn't the best fighter, but he was a great strategist and was really good at communication and persuasion, Technoblade was incredibly skilled with combat, just like Philza, although, Philza was slightly better since he was the one who trained Techno. Well, him mixed in with Y/N. Y/N is also an excellent fighter. It was unfair, Tommy was the only one who was still learning. His persuasion skills weren't the best, and his fighting could use some work. Tommy had a strong will though. He was determined, and persevered through hard times. Even when he wanted to give up. Although he envied his brothers, it also gave him a motive to work harder. To improve. Tommy was growing up, and though he didn't want to, he couldn't stop that. With only one way to go, Tommy felt a strange sense of pride in himself.

Lost in thought, it took Tommy a moment to realize Ghostbur was no longer in the house. Neither was his blue sheep, Friend. Deciding to not pay much attention to it, he turned back to his sign language book, struggling to draw hands. Admittedly, he wasn't the worst artist. Drawing hands constantly brings some sense of skill, but he couldn't go beyond that.

About thirty minutes passed before Ghostbur came through the door, beaming. "Dream's coming! He's coming and he's bringing Friend home!" Ghostbur cheered.

"WHAT?" Tommy yelled, practically throwing his journal.

Ghostbur smiled and nodded. "I invited him to the house! He seemed cold in the snow." The translucent man explained, looking out the window to spot Dream.

Tommy's heart dropped again. "Really?" He whined, feeling panic rise within him.

"Yeah, with friend!" Ghostbur smiled ignorantly. Tommy couldn't help but feel bad. He can't get mad at Ghostbur, Ghostbur didn't know what he did was wrong. Tommy quickly when to the chest, searching for invisibility potions. Y/N made Tommy go through this whole drill incase Dream came back when neither Techno or them were home.