the chupacabra and the angel

Start from the beginning

Daryl gasped as he woke up, sitting up straight and checking his surroundings. He's no longer in some creek, dirty and bloody. He's back in his apartment, His head just in Jaxx's lap. "Hey, baby chill.. You're okay." Jaxx said softly, slowly lowering Daryl back down. "Clover... M' I dead?" Daryl asks as Jaxx brushes some hair out of his face.

"No, my heart.. You just banged your head a little." Jaxx's voice was soft, a strangely calming mixture along with his accent. "Banged my fuckin' head on some rocks like an idiot..." Daryl said, Jaxx shook his head. "You didn't cause the horse to throw you off, wonderboy... It was a snake" Jaxx confirmed, Daryl looked up at his husband. "Can't I just stay here? Lemme bleed out or somethin'?" Daryl asked, Jaxx shook his head.

"No, Daryl... I'm waiting for you. I need you." Jaxx responded, Daryl sighed. "I miss this.. I miss home." He said, looking around their apartment. "I know you do... But you have to wake up. For me, for sofia, for our group... You may not see it but we have friends. Good friends." Jaxx said, letting Daryl sit up.

"But if I let go... I'd be back. No more walkers or missin' little girls o-or fear.. I could see our kid." Daryl thought out loud, Jaxx frowned. "And you'd also be dead and I would lose myself. You're all I have left, Wonderboy... Please, wake up. For me.." Jaxx pleaded. Daryl thought of the consequences to not waking up, Jaxx finding his body. Jaxx realizing all he has left is gone. Jaxx deciding this world isn't meant for him anymore...

Daryl laid back down in his husbands lap, taking a deep breath. "This is gonna hurt like a som' bitch.." Daryl said, closing his eyes again.

Slowly opening his eyes, the sun beamed down to blind him. "Fuck.." He muttered, feeling something pulling at his foot. Realizing that something is a walker, Daryl hopped to his feet and stabbed the walker in the head, crying out as the pain from the arrow in his side shot through his body. Tearing off his flannels sleeve, he tied it around his waist as tourniquet. "Where's my fuckin bow.." He said, searching the water around him.

"Ya know if you pulled that arrow out you could tie that tourniquet better." A familiar voice said behind him, Daryl turned in disbelief to see his brother. "Fuck off..." Daryl muttered, turning to continue his search. "Aw come on, is that how you talk to your big brother? Disrespectful little shit" Merle spat, Daryl didn't respond.

"You ain't gonna make it like that pansy ass." Merle said as Daryl found his crossbow. "Screw you.." Daryl said faintly, Merle only smirked.

"I'd say you're screwed if you don't pull that arrow out of ya. I mean, look at you. Lyin' in the dirt like a used rubber.. Useless. Pathetic." Merle sneered at that last word. Pathetic.

Daryl felt pathetic, talking to a hallucination. Letting said hallucination talk to him in such a manner. "Fuck off... I don't need you." Daryl said, pulling himself back onto a nearby rock to rest his aching body. "Don't need me, but you need your little buddy. Your compadre... Pet homo what the fuck ever." Merles reply made Daryl feel sick. Is this what he thought of jaxx? Or of what he knew Merle would say.

"He saved your life... Be fuckin grateful for him." Daryl watched the tree branches above him sway as he spoke, the hallucination only laughed. "Oh yeah, saved my life while you cried on the floor like a little pussy. Next time let me die. Oh, wait, you already did." Merle waved his hand in front of his brother, reminding him of the rooftop.

"Coulda waited.. Jaxx... Rick.. We went lookin for ya."

"Rick? Same son of a bitch that cuffed me up there in the first place? Come on now little brother." Merles mocking tone began to hit Daryl's nerves. "What do you want me to do?" Daryl asked, sitting up to look at the image.

"I want you to come find me little brother. Leave the bunch of these pansy ass faggots and democrats. We 'ont need em." Merle responded, Daryl rose to his feet. "I ain't doin' that..." He said softly as he slowly pulled the arrow from his side. His screams from the pain brought walkers ready to feast upon him.

"Then why don't you go play with your new friends, little brother" Merle mocked before disappearing. Daryl tied his tourniquet tighter before loading an arrow into the bow before firing, hitting one in the head. As the other drew closer, he grabbed a sturdy stick and began beating the walkers head in. Once it crushed, he finally stopped. Cutting off the ears of each walker he vanquished, Daryl made a necklace out of a walkers shoelace and the ears. A trophy.

"Fuck..." Daryl said, getting his arrows from the walkers head and the creek below before looking up at the top of the ridge where the horse had thrown him off.

As he began to climb, merles idea came to his mind. Maybe he should go find his brother, if he's still alive. Jaxx won't notice if hes gone to find Merle, he could just tell the Irishman he went looking for sofia..

As Daryl thought, he lost his footing and tumbled back down the ridge. Not good. Begining to climb up again, he remembered that he can't lie to Jaxx. Jaxx always knows better.

"Daryl, mo leòmhann. Take it slow.." Daryl could hear Jaxx say as he slowed his pace, taking time with each climb. "Clover?" Daryl called out, but no one was there. The sun in his eyes hurt so badly. His ears were ringing. But he continued to climb. "Come on wonderboy, I'm right here.." A hallucination of jaxx appeared at the top the ridge.

"Jaxx.. Help..." Daryl paused to breathe, resting against a slanted tree. "I can't help you, my love. You've got this just a little more.." Jaxx encouraged, Daryl sighed and began to climb again.

"I saw that damn chupacabra again.. Almost thought of chasin' after it..."