Chapter 4 - Messing With The Devil

Messing With The Devil

"Thunder!" Someone yells, pulling me out of my sleep. I lazily wake up rubbing my eyes seeing three Chris'. I blink a few times before they blend together into one.

"Really have to wake me up," I groan.

"Your alarm had been going off for the past ten minutes," he says.

"Shit," I curse getting up. I need to go pick up Noah. I throw on a sweater over my shirt and denim shorts and grab my phone running out.

"Hold up," Chris walks into the elevator with me. "We need to talk," he says, stopping the elevator by pressing the emergency stop button.

"No, I need to get Noah," I re-press the button, resuming the elevator.

"No. He can wait five minutes," Chris stops the elevator again. We both click the button stopping and resuming it till the elevator shakes at a final stop.

"Great, you broke the damn thing," I roll my eyes. I pull out my phone and send a quick message to Andrew hoping he can pick up Noah for me.

From: Andrew
They said I can stay with him till 4:30 but they need one of the official contacts you have under him to pick him up.

To: Andrew
I'm stuck in an elevator. I'll text Cam

To: Cam
Pick up Noah please! Stuck in the elevator!!

From: Andrew
Damn at least elevators are 20 times safer than escalators. I'll go buy him a snack

I laugh a bit at Andrew and his random facts.

To: Andrew
Thank you so much and that's interesting 🤔

From: Andrew
Anytime Clouds ☁️

Chris takes my phone from my hands and turns it off. I glare at him seeing if I can become super man and fire lasers through my eyes.

"Really?" I ask.

"Well now we don't have a choice but to talk," he says.

"So talk," I slide down against the wall onto the ground watching as Chris does the same across from me.

"Look I don't want to argue, just talk," he starts and I nod. I won't argue we can talk like mature adults.

"When you broke up with me I thought it was because this was all overwhelming. Just getting shot by your own dad, him escaping, me getting shot, school, prom, grad. I thought maybe it was because of that, you told me you love me," he explains.

"But you never came back to me and now you're moving on," tears fill my eyes as he talks about everything.

I wish I could tell you everything Chris

"I'm not moving on," I whisper out loud.

"Andrew? Clouds?" He says.

"Noah wanted to hangout with Maya. Andrew's sister, what about you? Paige," I point out.

"I don't even know her. I just met her," he says.

"And I just met Andrew," I reciprocate.

"Thunder I know for a fact there's something bothering you. Just talk to me," he scoots closer until he's right in front of me.

"I don't like you like that anymore," I lie.

"Bullshit. I can tell your lies from left to right. What is it," he searches my eyes for an answer.