𝚝 𝚎 𝚗

trigger warning // mentions of death and general descriptions of blood ( go to the SECOND❗️to skip <3 )

It had been a few weeks, then weeks turned into months. Dream gave up on keeping track of time in the apocalypse a while ago. He walked downstairs and into the kitchen, seeing Sapnap making himself a small breakfast "Morning" Dream mumbled tiredly

"Good morning lover boy" Sapnap smirked and looked up from his food at Dream "Have any more dreams that just let you stare at the guy?"

Dream rolled his eyes "Oh come on like you don't look at Karl the same way" he shot back and leaned on the island. Dream had visited George privately a lot more than he would care to admit, bringing Sapnap and BadBoyHalo with him when he went to his house a lot more often since he didn't want to keep getting questioned about where he was going

Sapnap looked back down at his food and shook his head "I'm not the one who goes to his window every night just to hear his voice"

"I haven't gone back in a week" Dream mumbled and put his hands in his face, thinking about it

"Why not?" Sapnap questioned as he took a spoonful of his cereal

Dream looked up at him and shrugged "I don't know"

Sapnap rolled his eyes "There's a reason. Either you just don't want to tell me or you don't even know"

"I don't want to talk about it" he mumbled

"Why not?" Sapnap pushed, Dream only covering his head with his hands "I've known you long enough to know when you're pushing people out of your life. You're shutting him out, aren't you? You would've pushed me and Bad away if we weren't stubborn enough to stay-"

"Well, what do you want me to do?" Dream snapped and looked up at Sapnap "There's nothing to do. I can't have him, so what's the point?"

"I won't let you push him away. He makes you happy, why would I let you do that to yourself" Sapnap responded, Dream rolling his eyes and shaking his head "Dream- I've noticed how much more you smile when you guys are in the same room, I'm not an idiot"

"Stop" Dream mumbled and closed his eyes to think. He had tried to bury his feeling's a long time ago, and now Sapnap's just pointing out the obvious fact that he's been trying to avoid.

"No- dude- I'm serious, why won't you keep him? He's a good person, you deserve someone like that" Sapnap tried

"Because I can't have him in the first place!" Dream snapped and looked at Sapnap

Sapnap shut up quickly, not expecting Dream's sudden mood change

"I can't have someone like him. He could have anyone he wants in the world. I mean- he and I are basically some of the last people on earth and I could never deserve him. He's beautiful and innocent, and.. happy.. he's perfect. I'm not. I'm... broken. And fucked up. You know that Sap" he started "I don't want to drag him down with me. I don't want to drag you guys down with me either but you won't leave" he laughed sadly; fighting back tears and emotions he never let out. "He deserves someone better than me. He deserves someone that will make him happy, and make him feel safe." Dream explained "That's not me" he added, grabbing his crossbow and walked towards the door not waiting for Sapnap's response.

He went outside and just started walking, needing to clear his head and think. He walked mindlessly for hours, making sure to not draw any Ghoulies to him because he wasn't in the mood for a fight. He kicked a rock as he walked down an empty city street, watching the floor but looking up when he heard distant footsteps.