"No no." Mel waves his words away as he says, "Go ahead and enjoy. You know I got this for you."

"Thank you, Mel. I'll get you a glass of water, yeah?" Mel gives him a thankful smile and tips his hat at me before making a clicking sound and guiding the horse into the barn.

I take hold of Tyler's hand as he looks at the house now. I smile at him and softly say, "Ready?"

"With you. Always."

We enter a beautiful home you would find in magazines. I smile at the sweet atmosphere it carries. Tyler smiles at the kitchen table and points at it. His shining eyes let me know that he made that table in his youth. I give him a small chuckle and follow him to the living room. There, a man I recognize from our wedding looks through a newspaper. The small table with a lamp by his chair carries a picture of a woman I would call often when she was alive.

"Hey, Dad."

The sound of Tyler's voice makes his father look up. His eyes show a glint of surprise as he quietly studies us from behind his glasses.

"Tyler," he finally says. "I...didn't think you would come back. It's nice seeing you again, Tessa."

"It's nice seeing you, too, Mr. Blue. How are you?"

"Alright," he says with a small smile. "Missing the woman that would quietly read the newspaper with me at this time." His eyes look at a chair on the other side of the room and then back at us. "I thought you had a divorce," he firmly says to Tyler now.

That tension slowly starts to rise as Tyler says, "No. We decided to take another try." He smiles at me and I return it.

Mr. Blue does a small nod and says, "And why are you here? Not you, Tessa. You know I love having you around. It's unfortunate Debbie couldn't see you again before she..." He swallows down tears and lets anger slowly cover his sadness as he says to Tyler. "What do you need?"

"I wanted to see you."

"For what?"

"To see how you are."

"So now you care?" Mr. Blue stands up and angrily throws the newspaper on his seat before walking into the kitchen. Tyler follows him there and I hesitate on whether I should follow.

I hear Tyler say, "Why are you so ang—"

"Why?! Because you left! You forgot us! Who taught you how to play the guitar? Your mom did!"

"I'm sorry, Dad. Really! You know I wish I could go back and—"

"It's too late for that."

I slowly walk to where they are tensely standing. Mr. Blue takes out a beer from his small fridge and says, "You say your God is almighty. Yeah. Good enough to make my son disappear and forget where he came from."

"But at least I came back!" Anger flares up in Tyler's eyes but it's not like the anger I used to see on those dark nights. Even his anger is a calm version as he says, "And I'm sorry. But I don't want to come back and find out that you're dead. I don't want to remember us like this! I don't want you to have the last image of me—"

"Well, guess what?! I already do! My son let fame blind him. A religious freak!"

Now Tyler slams his hand on the wooden table and this makes me jump. My heart starts to race as my mind threatens to bring back memories of the monster he once was.

Mr. Blue hears my slight gasp and his dark eyes find mine. He clenches his jaw and says, "Is that why you brought your wife? So she can see us fight?"

Tyler turns to look at me and guilt runs through his expression. Embarrassment seems to make him shrink as he looks back at his father and says, "This isn't over, Dad. I'll come back. I promise."

His dad does not pay attention to him and Tyler sadly gestures at me to follow him. So I quietly do as we step out. The skies have their beautiful panoramic sunset, but none of it cheers up Tyler as he starts to walk down the large vast grass.

He then stops and sits on the grass in the middle of it. I look around and decide to sit next to him. His eyes show his mind running with thoughts and it stops when I take his hand.

He looks at me and I can see tears hanging on the edge of those beautiful brown eyes. My expression softens as I scoot closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder to comfort him. He puts an arm around me and sadly says, "I'm so sorry you had to see that. I didn't mean to—"

"You have to keep fighting for your father," I say. "Just like you did with me."

Tyler scoffs as he lays on his back now. I chuckle as I hear him say, "And I thought you were a tough one."

"And I am," I say as I lay on my chest by his side. My elbows keep me up to see his sad eyes looking up at the yellow orange skies. "Your dad still loves you. I can see it. It's so clear, but your mother's death stops him from seeing that. He's still healing and you need to understand that."

Tyler looks over at me and smiles. He then playfully turns to get in the position I am in and gives my shoulder a playful push. I chuckle at this and softly kiss his lips.

"I...didn't love you," I say after pulling away. "But you taught me to fall in love again. I'm sure you can get your dad back quickly."

Tyler's eyes shine with love as he says, "I'm so glad I didn't give up on you."

"And I'm glad you came back, partner." I try to do the southern accent and this makes Tyler laugh loudly.

My heart flies and adrenaline runs through my veins as I move closer to him, and give him a long kiss. One that reflects all those times I missed waking by his side. One that shows him how much I missed touching every inch of his body. One that tells him how much I've loved him deep within. He returns it; letting my heart know exactly the same.

He gently pulls away as his thumb tenderly rubs my cheek. His smile returns from our very first night together as he says, "Are you still down to do one more thing before heading back to the hotel?"

"If it's with you, anything."

Tyler smiles as he happily gets up. He takes out a strong hand for me and we both start towards his barn.

"Sweetie is a good horse. She's real gentle. You'll like her."

"I've never been on a horse."

"Well, today you'll learn."

"But what if I fall?"

"Don't worry, honey. I'll be by your side. As long as you stay right next to me, I will never let you fall..."