Unusual Start To A Love Story (Ethan AU)

Start from the beginning

But you still tried overcome it.

You narrowed your eyes in pretense, the adorable pleasantness that was a constant on your face dissipating for what seemed to you was only a split second before the forced but convincing smile returned to your small lips.

You were determined to play it off, to possibly change the subject, or convince him to think otherwise; whatever it takes to distract him from this confrontation. After all, you could not allow him to learn the truth in absolute fear that he will leave.

Ethan was kind, caring, and understanding; different from most men you knew, especially your father.

He understood your concerns and listened to your stories. He supported your ideas and shared his own without being forceful. And he made you laugh when you were feeling depressed, sometimes even without intending to.

His peculiar but warm nature that borders naivety was refreshing in the midst of self-important and controlling people that you often find yourself admiring all that is him. Wondering how he grew up to be such a kind man when he was constantly surrounded by corruption and greed.

He was an ideal friend and even more so an ideal husband that you felt truly agonized by the thought of letting him go. It was so painful that you feel like dying whenever the idea comes through.

You wanted to keep him with you even if you knew it was wrong, and if lying meant that you could get him to stay longer - even as just a confidant and a close friend - then you would do whatever it takes to drag out meeting the "real you" like he wanted to.

But it seems that he has already caught wind of the truth and is intent on confronting it.

Why did it have to be like this anyway?

Why did he have to be in love with someone else? And with your sister of all people?

They had been planning to finally settle down and start a family when your parents announced that he will be married off to the younger sibling of his lover instead; a person whom he had never even met before in his life.

Of course, Ethan felt strongly against the idea. And so did your sister. No couple would want anyone to get in the way of their relationship and the same rule obviously applied to them.

They had discussed the matter and its specifics for a while, and after a long deliberation process that revolved around putting a stop to your parents' questionable intentions, he agreed with your sister's suggestion to see you and ask you personally to reject the notion given that you were the actual heiress.

They figured that your words would carry weight enough to force your selfish father to reconsider.

You must admit that it was a good of a plan as any, and you honestly wanted to do the same at first. But then you finally met your future brother-in-law and your idiotic heart  decided to abandon the plans you had made as soon as you met the gorgeous sea green of his eyes.

All of a sudden your world turned a hundred and eighty degrees.

He was the type of man that you wanted to marry. The kind of man that you wanted to tame and have for the rest of your life.

In his presence, you felt strange sense of protection and safety. In his calmness and reticence you recognized strength. And in his firm gaze and admirable physique you feel a strange glow of desire fill your heart in a way that has never occured before or ever will again.

So you pretended to be another person - that the real "(Y/N)" who owned the expanse was absent just to get the chance to have his time and keep him around for as you can stall.