𝟿. 𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Just know y/n, I'm an impatient man."

Wil slipped out the door and into the light outside, not missing a beat, his boots clicking across stone.

➼➼➼

2 Years Past, Y/n's Cabin, South of the Dream Smp Border

"I didn't meet with him, I swear!"

President Wilbur Soot paced the length of my bedroom, he rolled his neck. "Then why did you come back late last night?" He smiled when I tensed.

That's not right. I checked the perimeter around my house how could he have-

The man answered my question, strolling to a lantern by my bed to light it. Morning had come late in this season. Winter seeped through the windows, igniting a fire in my own stomach keeping me on high alert.

"Tommy was on patrol at the wall at the time. You really didn't think he would see you?" A grin, a flick of a match. "You're good y/n, but not great. Not yet."

My heart softened, if only just a little. "It was Eret." I confessed, "He told me at practice today to come over. Maybe watch a movie or two." I took a breath when he didn't respond, him running his hand over the small flame inside the lantern. "It wasn't anything bad! I just didn't want you to-"

"To what?"

I twisted my hands together, "Too seem so..." I struggled for the correct wording, "concerned."

The President lifted his chin almost imperceptibly. I knew he was strict, but this? It was a visit to a friend.

"You are staying here."

Four simple words, a consequence so large I had failed to understand it fully just yet.

"W-What?"

The President wasted no time in walking away from me. Snatching his coat from the chair in the small make-shift kitchen, he strided for the door.

On his way he locked the windows, the little of what I had, snatching all of the keys and depositing them in his uniform pocket. He hesitated, smiled for a second, and snatched the kitchen knives in the cutlery drawer awsell.

I stifled tears, "What are you doing Wilbur."

He stopped before the door. A gloved hand dragged through his hair, "You need to have a consequence."

I laughed, half in doubt, half in delusion, "You don't mean that. You don't-"

"You disobeyed me. You were to have training in the morning, straight to bed in the evenings y/n." Wilbur sighed, dragging another hand across his face. "I am training you for a reason. Don't you care about this nation? Your actions don't seem to be lining up with your words."

I didn't dare to answer his question. I seeked solace when I met him. I seeked a purpose.

Now this purpose feels like it's drowning me, burning me. Hurting me somehow. All I know are regulations.

"I will never forgive you." My nails dug into my palm, "If you do this- if you go through with this I will leave."

I stood strong, I didn't move back.