Chapter 33: One Chance

Start from the beginning

Gosh! Enough, she thought. If a heartbreak won't then overthinking will definitely be the death of her.

It was decided. She was gonna go for a run.
Besides, going home was another drama with her parents fighting, she felt crushed in the middle. Her father was almost never home and while her mother always was, she had reduced her office hours too just in the hope that she might catch her husband home, she was cooked up in her room or else she would be strumming one of her kids. Aavya did enjoy spending time with her mother. She adored her and she wanted to be everything her mother was. Looking at how much pain her love was causing her made Aavya ponder even more.

Was it all worth it in the end?

She knew her parents knew about what happened. She can't trust Zeehan with keeping his mouth shut. Well, no one can in their group. If anything happens of substance, everyone knows. But, she was glad no one was probing her or nudging her.

She pulled her shoes and changed into her tracks, she always kept a spare in her office cabinet and headed out.

She was hopeful that she might not crash into Miher, not that her heart didn't ache to have one glimpse of him but because she made sure not to trail off in the area where he usually runs.

After almost an hour she was profusely sweating and feeling so much better, thanks to those happy hormones. But, she was also parched, and apparently, she had forgotten to carry her bottle of water. She eyed around but none of the stalls in the vicinity were offering what she needed. She remembered that there was a shack at the far end, no more than another 5 minutes of run. It was way better than going home which was another 15 to 20 minutes. She wasn't an expert at numbers but 5 minutes sounded way better and her throat was dried up.

" Water, please..." She requested.

While she waited she heard her name. No more than a whisper. " A-Aavya..." She was so much in need of water that her vision was focused only on one thing and the surroundings were obscure.

But she knew the voice.

It had to be. Man! Life is a bitch. What were the chances? Zero, right?

Yet, here they were...

She took the bottle and paid cash. She took her sweet time to turn around just to humor herself and confirm her suspicions.

" Aavya... Hi!" God, she hated when his face contorted into a lopsided smile.

She contemplated whether she should reply or not but damn he did look so handsome yet sweaty and his hair was unkempt as if urging her to rake in her hands.

But, she knew her etiquettes.

" Hi, Miher. Hope you're good. Bye." She meant to be as succinct as possible without making eye contact.

Miher wasn't having a great day either. Every hour all he could think about was Aavya and how would he make things right. He was so desperate now. It was taking a toll on his mental as well as physical health. Being a doctor that's the last thing to happen to them. He was avoiding his runs and he couldn't even remember the last time he picked his guitar to play something.

It was fading off him. He desired to play only for Aavya and wherever he saw his instrument it brought back her face, not that it had vanished somewhere, it brought that joyous jaunty one, full of smile and just perfect.

Tonight, it was decided. He was going for that run. Even if it kills him to go back to that path where so many times he walked taking Aavya's hand in his.
He prayed how wonderful it would be if he just bumped into her, exactly how they met the very first time. But, he was conscious it was too much to ask.