Chapter 33: One Chance

Start from the beginning

" Uncle, there is nothing more I'd wish than Rose's happiness," he interrupted, " but I can't. We can't go back like before. " He shook his head and didn't look in Jaai's eyes.

" Can I ask why because as far I can perceive you still love her? "

" Oh! Of course, I love her. I love all of you..."

" There is no doubt about that but with Rose, the feelings are not the same. But, if you're not willing to give your relationship a chance then there's little I can do to soothe the ache. " Aman didn't choose to answer.

One chance is all it takes. A make-or-break deal. 

" Okay!" Jaai announced after a while.

Then he stood up abruptly and Aman followed, startled by his action.

" Well, if you can't and don't wish to make things right there is nothing I can do... " He paused, "except to request you to stay away from her. " As soon as he said that Aman's moist eyes met his.

Jaai could see how much he was hurting. Aman had been away for so long and now this.

" Yes. Rose is clearly not over you and if you keep meddling with her feelings, Aman, which you're doing, she will never get over. You have to stop insinuating or sending ambiguous gestures if this has to get over with. You do understand that, right?" Jaai asked and Aman could do nothing but nod.

God knew how much he needed to stay away but when he saw her and he couldn't. He just couldn't. Aman exactly knew what Jaai was alluding to.

" I didn't wish to say this but I had to before Rose breaks to an extent which would be impossible to mend. You have to cease and create a void so that she is devoid of that sunken feeling. Only you can do this." He emphasized the last line.

" Y-Yes..." It was more like a mutter.

" Good! Be well. " And he was gone.

Although it appeared to be a friendly talk, Aman knew it wasn't. It was a warning to not mess with his daughter's already frail heart and let her be.
Aman sighed and slugged on his chair, he didn't even realize his cheeks were wet and his heart was pouring.

It must have been minutes before he jumped back from his stupor just when his phone rang.

" Yes, Dr..."

" Aman, you need to come back asap..."

" Dr? What is wrong?" He used the kleenex to wipe his wet face.

" The reports aren't great. I'll have to meet you in person."

" Okay! I need just a few days. Will that be alright?" He queried.

" Time is of the essence here."

Aman slapped his head against his desk after hanging up.
Great day, indeed.

✿✿✿

Aavya was sipping her coffee while staring out of her magnificent window. The view was mesmerizing. She relaxed as the waves hit the shore and receded back again in a relentless passion. The night was perfect and the dim light surrounding made her gasp in the aura of how things could take swift turns. A few months back she must have been drowning herself at this very moment into work, reckless behavior, and getting drunk almost every night. But now that she had met someone she genuinely cared her life was not the same anymore. She had just begun to enjoy life again. She was fine before but now she was not. 

It terrified her. She enjoyed being impetuous and annoying. Then she sighed. Perhaps a good jog would do her some good. The endorphins might ease some misery. She had been cramped in her house and her office for days. She missed how the humid air kissed her cheeks but every time she thought about venturing out the mere thought of bumping into Miher made her shiver. He had been calling for a couple of days after that afternoon but then the calls ceased. It was kind of a relief but she didn't feel better. It felt as if he had given up which was more heart-wrenching.