Let's get back to business

"Ready to start with your day, your majesty?" a woman asks Jabril, I look at him "What?" he asks "Aren't we supposed to be in our honeymoon?" I ask "You don't get to go on a honeymoon, your majesty, you have a duty to your country, and you must full fill it" the woman answers and I sigh "Thanks for the reminder, woman, who's name I ignore, but I was actually talking to my husband" I say "Her majesty is supposed to know this, she is not supposed to be bothering the king with such basic questions" she adds "Who is she?" I ask "I am his majesty temporary assistant, your majesty" she answers "Again, talking to my husband" I say "Her majesty is supposed to be informed of this, didn't you read your schedule?" she says and  I sigh even harder, great, my husband's new assistant doesn't like me, perfect, just what I need to start my day "Miranda, never speak out of place, you must always ask if you can share your opinion with us, you can't just open your mouth like that, specially disrespect my queen in that way, specially when she told you, she wasn't talking to you, apologize" Jabril says and Miranda bows "I am sorry, your majesty, it will not happen again" she says as she bows "Is okay, Miranda, you are new on the job" I say  "This conversation is private, please leave us, I will call you when I am ready to start with my day" Jabril says and she bows and exits the dinning room.

"Where is Matilda?" I ask "Out of the country due to family emergency" he answers and I nod as I take a sip of my juice "Try to ignore her, she just came out of the palace training center, so she is very technical" Jabril says "Too technical for my taste" I say "Try, love, because she will be with us for a week or two" he says "Okay, I will try to ignore her" I say and he kisses my hand.

"I still don't like the idea of no honeymoon" I say "We do have a honeymoon, but we can't leave the palace and we have to full fill all my duties to Bameth" he says "Do you know the definition of honeymoon?" I ask and he laughs "We spend the night together" he says "We will always spend the night together" I say "I'll try to make space for us, okay, just give me time to settle everything, to find someone I can trust our country to, and we go anywhere you want" he says and I nod "Come here" he says and I lean forward to kiss him "Your majesty, we are 10 minutes behind your schedule" Miranda says and we sigh "Don't interrupt, I told you I was going to call you when I was ready, I will tell you, now go away" Jabril says, she bows, and retires, I laugh "I want Matilda back" he says and I kiss him.

"The parliament enters in session, has the word Lord Thomas Nicholas, president of the parliament" the royal announcer says "Your royal majesty, your majesties, we are gathered here today to deliberate on some matters that require all of your attentions, shall I proceed?" Lord Thomas asks "Yes" Jabril answers "As we know 26 years ago, King Reginald Ramses brought freedom to our country, he paid the price with his life, we paid price of our freedom by losing our king, but now a new king has risen, and I am afraid we can suffer the same fate we suffered 26 years ago" Lord Thomas says and I frown as Martha and I look at Jabril, Jabril grabs our hands "Lord Thomas, you are worrying our queens" Jabril says "I am sorry, your royal majesty, your majesty, but we received another letter, this one is more threatening than the last one, if I weren't a pacifist, I would believe King Derek Aaron of Targus has declared war on us" Lord Thomas says and I squeeze my husband's hand "Read the letter"Jabril orders and Lord Thomas nods as he grabs the letter from his desk.

"We are done with the words, with negotiations, I have been patient enough, I have been more than merciful, I have given you the opportunity to avoid the blood spilling, to show your loyalty, but you decided not to listen, to ignore me as if I were nobody, when I am your ruler, your rightful king. If a blood bath is what you want, that's what you are going to get, because I will restore the order, I will make things great again, it doesn't matter who has to die for me to accomplish it" Lord Thomas says as he closes the letter.

He has declared war on us, he wants to take Bameth under his control, and he doesn't care how he conquers, how much destruction, misery, and death he will bring to our country. He just wants to conquer, even when that means killing his cousin, my husband.