Be Better

"Well it was nice meeting you Slade but I have to go." I say with a smile.

I quickly get another hot cocoa and leave. I drive too my dads apartment too see them standing outside.

"Thanks dad." I smile.

"No problem sweetie." He kisses my cheek and helps Anastasia get into the car.

"Hi baby. Did you have fun with grandpa?" I say driving away.

"Yeah I did! We colored and watched tv."

"I'm glad you had fun. Since Christmas is coming up. Would you like to go present shopping?"

"Yeah!"

I drive to an outdoor mall. I park and help get Anastasia out.

"Where do you want too go baby?"

"There." She points to Pandora. We walk into the store and look around.

I see a beautiful bracelet that I think Moira would love. I motion for Anastasia to come and pick her up.

"Don't you think grandma would love this bracelet?"

"Yes! Can we get it!!"

"Of course we can." I smile at her.

After about 3 hours of shopping we finally finish. It's dark and we are walking back too the car.

"Wait mommy look!" I look too see where Anastasia is look at. It's an arrow being showcased in a window.

"Can we get that for our friend?"

Good to know she has taste.

"Umm maybe another time okay?"

She nods and we get in the car. While driving I get a call.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Hayley Knight?"

"Speaking. Who's this?"

"Hi my name is Lucy I'm a nurse and work at the starling city hospital."

"Hi Lucy I'm in the car with my daughter may I ask why your calling."

"I'm sorry but your father.. he was in a terrible accident and something hit him pretty hard in the head and-"

"I'm on my way. What room is he in?"  I ask gripping the steering till my knuckles turn white.

"He's in the ICU. Room 125."

"Thank you." I hang up and look up in my rear view mirror.

"Is grandpa going to be okay?"

"He will baby. He will."

I speed to the hospital. I take Anastasia in my arms and run in. Once inside I go straight too the elevators. I click the floor that leads to the ICU. I walk out and head to the desk.

"I'm here for Detective Lance. I'm his daughter."

"Ah yes I was told you would be here." She directs me too his room. I walk with Anastasia and see Laurel already there.

Anastasia runs to Laurel and gives her a hug. I look at her than I see dad. "Hayley." Laurel says.

She stands up and gives me a hug. I hug her back and she apologizes for everything.

"It's okay Laurel." 

We hug in silence.

"Grandpa!" Anastasia yells.