Old Wounds

"Laurel you can't just stage and intervention and arrest him!"

"Hayley he's a criminal!"

"So am I! But you haven't called dad on me. So why him?"

"... He—Because he killed Tommy!" She yelled plopping on a stool.

"Laurel..."

"After the building fell I ran in to get  you and Tommy. I saw him pick you up and leave but with Tommy he - he just left him there."

"Laurel..."

" I'm not saying he should have left you because if he had I wouldn't have had  a wonderful niece. It's just hard for me."

"Hard for you?"

"Yes! I loved Tommy and he died saving me! Never mind you don't understand." She said getting up.

"Are you kidding right now? I don't know how understand? I WATCHED TOMMY DIE!"

"Laurel he died right before my eyes and I couldn't do anything but watch... I couldn't help him! He didn't get to meet Anastasia and I couldn't do anything about it. So don't you dare say I don't understand!"

"Hayley..."

"Just go. Anastasia is going to be home soon and I need time to calm down. Please just leave."

She frowned and left. Ever since Tommy died things like this has happened. We fight more and we become distant. It sucks but that's life.

                                      ⍟ ⍟ ⍟

"Why am I doing this?" I whisper to myself.

I open the door and run down the stairs.

"Felicity, Diggle where is Oliver?"

I say entering the hideout.

"He's probably visiting Laurel why?"

"Dammit! Laurel has a whole squad and is going to arrest him!"

"Yay!" Felicity said.

" ... did you just say yay?"

" Sorry bad timing. I might have gotten you a new suit..."

"Ok?"

She claps her hand and motions me to a glass container.

"Wow."

She squeals in glee and asks "Do you like it?"

"I do know one thing... I'm going to look really hot."