Hiding Spot

"Anastasia?"

"Ana? Where-"

"Mommy!" She yells.

"Ana?!" I run to her room and see a man holding a knife to her neck.

"Ana sweetie it's going to be okay? Just relax."

I look at the man with a deadly look.

"You are here for a reason and it is me. From your outfit you look like Malcom Merlyn but I know your not. I know who sent you and they didn't say kill her. So you want me not her. Let her go and deal with someone your own size."

He throws her onto the floor and charges at me. I block his hit, kick him in the gut and throw a few punches. While he's down I yell to Anastasia.

"Ana sweetie remember our secret hiding spot." She nods.

"Okay your going to hide there until I come get you okay?" She nods and runs out of the room.

I grab one of her lamps and smash it on his head. I run out of the room to my bedroom. I grab a few knifes and a gun. I slowly leave the room. I look around when I get knocked down.

I look behind me to see him. He's about to stab me but I block it. He misses and slightly grazes my cheek, but enough to draw blood. I stab a knife into his arm to paralyze it. He groans in pain and drops his sword.

"You know how hard it is to keep up with skin care? I swear men really don't know how hard it is to be a woman."

He gets up and starts fighting with the other hand. I quickly do a roundhouse to his face.

"Come on you want more?"

He gets up and I kick him back into a wall. I choke him until he almost can't breathe.

"You are going to leave in the next second tell them to leave me and my family the hell alone." I choke him at but harder.

"Oh and next time I see you,  I won't hesitate to kill you since you put your disgusting hands on my daughter." I smirk and let go.

He quickly runs out the door. I run to the kitchen, open one of the cabinets and type in a code. The door slides open and I run down the stairs.

There's a secret passage under my kitchen island. Cool right? And yes Anastasia remembers the code for days like these even though this is the first time it's happened.

I run down the stairs and whisper "Anastasia sweetie where are you?"

Anastasia emerges from behind a couch. She runs to my arms and I say "good thing we practiced right?"

"yeah.. mommy are you okay? Your cheek is bleeding."

"Oh I'm fine sweetie. Thank you for asking. I'm going to leave you with grandpa and and be right back okay?"

    ⍟ ⍟ ⍟

I run down the stairs into the hideout.

"Look I know you are surprised to see me and I shouldn't be here and that I should be with my baby but I need help."

I quickly say as I look around the room.

"Hayley what happened?" Oliver says moving to me. He touches where the cut is. I slightly wince and move away from him.

"I'm fine, Ana's fine."

Felicity and Diggle look behind me and eyes widened.

"Hayley don't look-" Felicity says.