His thoughts snapped back to the present as guards began approaching them, each royal getting one. His excited mood was immediately lessened when he saw his guard.

"Sapnap... hi," George said slowly, trying not to cringe.

Sapnap looked equally disappointed at his appointed royal as he frowned and replied, "Hello, Prince George."

George shuffled on his feet, recalling their last encounter.

'Don't treat him like shit,' were the last words that the guard had said to him.

Sapnap gave him a once over and sighed, "Let's get to it then. We don't have all day."

George resisted the urge to correct him because they actually did have all day. He looked to Clay, who was smiling encouragingly and giving him a small wave. George smiled back, his heart warming and pushing away that feeling of fear.

Sapnap caught their small interaction and his eyes narrowed. He grabbed George's arm, which was certainly not allowed, and tugged him to the city, muttering, "Let's go."

George frowned and listened to the guard. Their walking was interrupted by Clay, who jogged up to them with an earnest smile.

He looked at George, saying, "Good luck, George."

"Thank you," George murmured quietly, staring at Clay.

Sapnap huffed, not receiving any attention. He snapped his fingers in front of Clay's face, saying loudly, "Clay, we have to go, don't be a roadblock."

Clay didn't bat an eye, not tearing his eyes away from George as he said jokingly, "Sapnap, don't be a dick. I'm just wishing George good luck."

Sapnap inhaled and crossed his arms. His cold exterior faded and he said to Clay quietly, "Hey, remember what we talked about?"

Clay's grin faded immediately and he looked to Sapnap, swallowing. He nodded slowly, making George wonder what they talked about.

"I remember, Sapnap."

"You better."

George frowned, but his face lightened when Clay embraced Sapnap in a hug. The prince muttered something, making Sapnap chuckle. His eyes met George's and he offered a weak smile, winking to cover it up.

Clay rolled his eyes at something the guard said and pushed Sapnap away, flipping him off. Sapnap just laughed and waved mockingly as Clay walked away. George grinned softly at their exchange.

Sapnap glanced over at George and frowned, saying, "Let's just get this over with."

So they went into town following their first note which directed them to a blacksmith, then a weaver, then a carpenter, and so on. George gradually got to know his way around the large city and eventually, he and Sapnap were led to a flower shop.

A woman greeted them kindly, "Hello! What can I get for you today?"

"We're just looking," Sapnap said, "thank you."

The woman smiled and nodded, going back to her work. George pulled out the slip of paper that read his clue.

The clue was, 'These are a type of flower that are pleasing to our noses. To someone you like, you might give them a bouquet of.'

George looked around the shop for a certain flower, utterly confused with the similarity in colors.

He turned to his guard, muttering, "Can you help me? I'm colorblind."

Sapnap raised his eyebrows, unimpressed, "Color has nothing to do with the riddle."

George gave him a pleading look and Sapnap sighed, "Give me the clue."