Chapter 26: A Request Is Obligation

I wept until my tear glands dried up. When Mio managed to calm me, I caught sight of Jeremy walking towards us.

"So how did it go?"

Mio kept stroking my back even though I regained my composure.

"It was a success. The both of you did a great job on cornering me."

"Here, have a drink."

Although I was anticipating a bottle of water or juice, what Jeremy was holding was a can of beer.

"What is this?"

"A beer to get you going?"

I guess that's who Jeremy is. A guy who believes everything can be solved with a nice drink of liquor. How is he even able to obtain those kinds of drinks to begin with?

"No thanks."

And with that, Mio started giggling.

The chemistry between me and Jeremy definitely produces an interesting reaction for Mio to chuckle.

That day, the three of us strolled through a number of places, the area where arcade games are located are one of them. We spent the rest of the day in leisure. It can be considered as one of the happiest days in my life if not moments.

The next day, I headed straight to the Literature Office and hunted for sir Nate.

"Sir, what are you trying to tell me yesterday?"

"Oh about that. I've let the others handle it."

"Why?"

"Mio and Jeremy asked me to turn down my request because they said that they have something incredibly important to discuss with you."

"Is that all?"

"What they said was you were changing in a negative way. As a teacher and your coach, I do not want that to progress so I was worried."

"..."

Hearing it coming from the man himself makes me embarrassed. I didn't know the trouble Mio and Jeremy went through just to talk to me.

"So please fix yourself and if possible, ASAP. I don't want to lose one of my best weapons as a coach."

Even if sir Nate only looked after me from a professional standpoint, he still cared for me and that is all that mattered.

"Thank you sir Nate for treating one of your weapons with that much value."

"..."

I accidentally made him discombobulated by my poor choice of words. I'm sorry.

Our adviser still hasn't arrived yet, the class must've started 30 minutes ago if she came in time. Is she perhaps in a meeting.

"Sorry class I'm late."

Who is this teacher that has an unbelievably sexy body?

"I will be your substitute teacher for this week since your adviser has called for a sick leave. I won't be teaching for today since I'm late. Just be sure not to create loud noises or else I'll be giving you something to keep you occupied."

So that's the reason behind our adviser's disappearance. She didn't even introduce her name, what a bummer.

Mio came to my desk and started tapping my back.

"What is it?"

She was fidgety and reddish.

"Uhm..."

What is she up to? Mio initiated the conversation yet she doesn't wish to speak.

"It's awkward saying this aloud."

"Then just whisper it."

She leaned her head forward towards one of my ears.

"Could you be my boyfriend for a day?"

Due to the shock my brain has received upon hearing those words, my voice became as loud as a truck horn.

"What!"

All of the people inside the room including our substitute teacher noticed the loud sound I made.

"What did I tell you about being rowdy? Answer these questions on the blackboard as punishment."

Everyone organized their chairs and the room became dead silent.

Me being Mio's boyfriend for a day. Why only a day or to simplify, why? Drawing guesses might only drive me farther than the actual point of her words, so it's best to ask her directly later in the lunchtime.

"What do you intend to say in class?"

"It's because when you were avoiding me, some boys started hitting on me and I don't know how to turn them down. Valentine's day is about to come so it's definite that other boys will start to ask me out."

Now that I had grasped the situation Mio is in, things started to become clear. However, a question crossed my mind.

"Why does it have to be me? Jeremy is available right?"

Jeremy interfered with the conversation between me and Mio with his utmost disapproval.

"No. Even if I'm available I'll still say no."

"Why? Wouldn't you be happy to be the boyfriend of someone as beautiful as Mio?"

Oops, I made Mio blush.

"I have morals on such things."

Damn it, this leaves me no choice. My plan was to be absent on Valentine's day. Seeing couples hold hands and kiss sours not only my face but also my heart. Owing to Mio's request, attending is an obligation.