Chapter 22: Request

"The winner of today's play is Class C-2!"

I'm still disappointed that we're disqualified.

The person who's at fault here is the director. Where's that Merie! I swear we'll be having a calm talk, a really really calm talk!

"Why didn't you ask for an alternative!?"

My anger made my voice louder than usual which made Merie tremble since it's her first time seeing me in this state.

"I'm very sorry-"

"Best actor/actress goes to the main characters of class A-2!"

Merie's voice and the announcer overlapped but the announcer's voice was loud enough to overwhelm Merie's.

While observing the stage, the emcee's expression caught my sight. He looks dumbfounded rather than troubled when he gazes at the paper he's holding. That specific paper holds the name of winners of best in here, best in there.

After he was frozen for a second, he went backstage. A few moments later, he came back to the stage.

"All of the awards goes to class A-2."

What the hell happened there. Are my ears playing with me? No, it doesn't look like it. My class is also astonished by it. What I was thinking to be my worst day became the most exciting.

The silence was immediately turned into incredibly loud shouts of happiness when everyone came back to their senses. Everyone was so stimulated by joy that even I, who's usually silent, screamed at the top of his lungs just to express how delighted I am.

Despite all of that, I heard a girl on my right side guffawing like she was seeing the most humorous thing in her whole life. Who might she be?

Oh, it's just Mio.

"Why are you laughing?"

She kept howling for one minute straight."

"I might get a tummy ache ha ha. The expression you made while shouting was so hilariously bad that it carved itself into my head ha ha!"

Was it that bad? Now my curiosity is killing me to see my own expression. Either way it's nice to see Mio this cheerful.

I spent a minute or two standing there waiting for Mio's composure to come back.

"Want something to eat?"

"I'm starting to feel drained so let's go."

Jeremy showed up out of the blue just as we were about to go. When I went to the restroom, he's nowhere to be found. If so then where did he come from?

"Sorry, I was busy defecating at the literature office. It was a fat one so it took some time."

So that's the reason. I thought he went home.

"No worries. What you missed were only the important parts."

Oops, I darkened his mood. How could I make a comeback?

"Even if we're disqualified from winning the whole competition, all of the 'best in' awards are one-sided wins by us."

Upon hearing that, Jeremy's mood worsened. I'm just trying to boost his atmosphere yet he's receiving the opposite effect.

While I was perplexing myself, Mio broke the ice.

Yes, you heard me right.

"Cheer up! We still won in everyone's hearts!"