(3) A Day With Nino

Ayanokouji POV

Here I am, spending time with one of 5 quintuple sisters. Never in my early days of life did I think I'd be living like this. 

After the arrest of my father for the charges of abuse directed towards children, first-degree murder, and much, much more about one to two years ago, I managed to settle down with Matuso and his family.  I don't hate my father, I don't feel anything for him actually. I was thankful for the education I've received. If he hadn't been arrested, I would have probably tried to discover a way to escape from his grasp and experience the world. 

Although I still don't consider Matsuo my actual family yet, it was still nice to relax and experience the world. I still wasn't enrolled in any middle school, however, because I wanted to enjoy my freedom for a little while longer.

Now, with the help of Matsuo, I enrolled in the Advanced Nurturing High School, to meet other people of my age and see how a student's life should actually be experienced. I also wanted to see if I would be going all out with my actual abilities or not. I didn't care if people knew who I was, or how strong I was, mentally and physically. The only reason I'm scoring average percentages on my test is to get a good normal experience of this school. I didn't want to start off becoming super well-known by others immediately, and even if I chose to reveal the extent of my abilities I still wouldn't want to be overcome by popularity. I've already seen what it does to Hirata.

Now that I've been here, there really is no point in me hiding my skills. Should I perhaps go all out? Maybe I'll go slowly from here, starting with tutoring Nino. Then I'll determine what do for my future. Actually, this has me wondering what will happen in the future regarding myself and my own life.

Nino, dressed in a black and pink apron she brought over from her room, is doing really well.

So far, she's actually a pretty good cook. The methods she uses when cooking, along with her culinary skills are all excellent.

She's helping me prepare unagi, whilst making her own type of soup.

We haven't spoken much to each other and yet we can already tell what to do. It's as if we're cooperating using the same mind. As if we're speaking telepathically.

Not too long after, we both finish.

"Here's your serving. Hurry up and take it before it gets cold," she says, handing me a bowl full of soup.

"Thanks." 

Taking off our aprons, we take our seats.

"Itadakimasu!" Nino says, taking a bite of her unagi.

"Wow, this is so delicious! I hate to admit it, but it's a lot better than when I cook alone. You're aren't bad at all when it comes to cooking." She says with a backhanded compliment.