8

<< no one's pov >>

a month . it has been a month . although things where somewhat same as before , this whole journey of recovering from a heartbreak took a huge toll on y/n character and personality . she had mental breakdowns here and there from time to time and a totally different vibe from a month ago .

while all these were happening nonetheless giyuu stayed by y/n side . he watch her developed into a slightly different person . he couldn't tell y/n was becoming just like another him , or worse . although y/n still somewhat showed compassion towards giyuu , it was never the same as before . he hasn't confronted her about anything but just watch the day go by while her enthusiasm and care for others slowly faded and soon nowhere to be found .

as for obanai , he still has yet to get over y/n . but no one knew for sure if y/n still had feelings for obanai . ever since then , she decided to lock her feelings away , away from everyone . she didn't mention a thing about her feelings . giyuu sometimes wonder if y/n still care about her love life . but the answer would be no for now .

all she cared about was just to have fun and break hearts . that was her toxic coping mechanism . she thought by breaking other's heart was the only way it could fix hers . deep down , she wanted someone to feel her pain and understand where she was coming from . giyuu tried to tell her that it wasn't the best method but she would just shrug it off and continue the next day .

at this point , it wasn't fixing her anymore . she was just doing for the fun of it . seeing the sight of people having their hearts broken made her feel powerful .

y/n has also moved into giyuu's estate for the time being as her mental health wasn't the best and he was constantly worried for her . he thought it might be easier to manage if she had just moved in with him . it was only after a long time of convincing which made her give in and finally agree .

-

" giYuUuuUu " y/n called out . her steps unstable as if she was about to fumble and fall anytime soon . it was late into the night yet y/n had only just returned back to the estate after being out for the whole day . she was no longer part of the hashiras . it happened when oyakata sama spoke to her during a pillar meeting abour her attitude change . thats when she left the team on impulse . she didn't like when others talked to her about her attitude . it wasn't something she was proud of either . giyuu had to spend days trying to get oyakata sama to continuing allowing y/n to stay with them as giyuu was not confident in having y/n stay by herself in the outside world where demons were still a thing .

returning back to the situation , giyuu sighed . y/n was drunk again . it was the 4th time this week alone .giyuu quickly grabbed her before she could land on the ground . her vision blurry from all the alcohol in her system . " you have to stop drinking so much . it damages your livers " giyuu tried to talk to her multiple times but it always does have an effect . because of this , he often felt useless . he wasn't even able to help his one and only friend . all he could do was to just stay by her side to support her for the time being .

" i dumped another guy , i felt happy so i had a littleee too much sake " y/n chuckled , her words unclear . " oHhh and some guy tried to seduce me even . " she sounded proud . but that didn't really
made her feel wanted . she only felt more empty knowing it was just going to be a one time hook up and the next day they were gone .

after all no one was here to stay .

" but i rejected . because i only want you . " she whispered in giyuu's ears with her eyes closed making giyuu felt shivers run down his spine and goosebumps . his heart did a thing hearing that come from her . he knew she was drunk , hence he didn't care much into it . y/n was the type to sprout all kinds of nonsense when she was drunk or even tipsy .

" i'll get you your shirt so you can change and sleep . " giyuu was about to leave when y/n grab onto his wrist preventing him from doing so . " im serious tho . " she pulled his wrist to make him come closer . " i want you . " she was still not on the right mind . giyuu didn't want to take advantage of that since he knew regret will sure follow . " you don't . " he said with a sad tone . he was so sure she didn't .

y/n bring her face closer to his . their lips just meters apart . giyuu didn't pull away , infact he wanted it to come . just before their lips could touch , y/n fell onto his chest , soft snores already could be heard . coming from her . she was asleep on his chest . giyuu blinked in surprise .

what was he expecting from her ?