Chapter 3: Fake Love

Seated comfortably on one of the couches, I could finally relax. The party was kind of crowded and it felt nice to just feel stagnant for a second.

Quinn and I spoke with the group we were sitting with, Quinn's hand firmly on a thigh of my crossed legs.

"I'm going to grab another drink, do you want anything sweetheart?" Quinn turned to me with a questioning look.

"I'll get it baby, relax with your friends" I leaned over kissing his cheek before standing up.

"I can get it, I should be getting you your drinks" he answered seriously.

"Babe, seriously, relax. I got it" I gave him a warm smile with a slight rub to his cheek before walking away.

I had barely gotten half a drink poured when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I turned slightly with a smile to see Quinn over my shoulder.

"What are you doing silly boy?" I giggled continuing to attempt to make our drinks. His hands running along my hips were being more distracting than I'd like to admit.

"They were being boring anyways, I'd rather be here helping you" he explained, letting his head rest against my shoulder and the side of my neck.

"Q?" I spoke as my breath caught in my throat slightly.

"Mhmm" he mumbled, pressing a small kiss to my shoulder.

Something inside me changed in that instant. It was as if a fire was starting in my stomach and Quinn had just lit the match.

I couldn't let that happen once you cross that line there's no going back. Whatever feelings were igniting inside me I was going to keep to myself and I was certain once this week was over and we didn't have to pretend to be completely head over heels for each other, those feelings would disappear.

"Here's your drink" I spoke quietly, not knowing what else to say.

"Thank you" he said against my shoulder, still not releasing me.

Before I even knew it, we were rejoining his teammates for more conversation.

"So" one of the wives of another player started asking. "How did you guys meet?" She smiled widely.

"They were friends up until now, we all saw it coming" Thatcher explained quickly, lightly nudging Quinn's shoulder as the rest of the group agreed.

"I didn't" I said softly with a smile.

"You didn't?" The same girl looked at me, fully interested.

"Not at all" I breathed a laugh. "I didn't see any of this coming" I explained with more truth than anyone knew. "In one single moment, everything was different. He wasn't just Quinn anymore. The Quinn who was my best friend and knew how to annoy me best, he was the Quinn that I couldn't get enough of. Who invaded all my thoughts, who made my lips tingle at the thought of even getting to kiss him. The Quinn that set a fire so deep inside me I didn't think it was possible. He went from just Quinn to everything any girl could ever want" I spoke slowly and carefully.

"Wow" the girl breathed, snapping me back to reality.

"And then I lived in fear and panic thinking I was falling for someone that I never had a chance with. I eventually wore him down though" I shot a smile at Quinn.

"You never had anything to worry about baby" he took my hand in his and planted a quick kiss on my cheek.

"We're really glad you guys figured that out, you guys are kind of perfect for each other" Tanner gave mine and Quinn's shoulders a quick pat while standing up. "More drinks anyone?" He asked the group before they started explaining what they wanted.

"You are amazing" Quinn breathed in my ear where no one else could hear, making a smile tug at my lips. "You're very convincing that you're actually into me, nice stray from the story planned. It was perfect" he finished giving me a few more quick kisses to my cheek.

With his words that I'm sure he meant to be sweet, my stomach dropped a little. I wasn't so sure I was acting anymore. Maybe it was a good thing, we'd make a more believable couple if I was completely love struck by him.

"Huh?" I was pulled out of my thoughts by Quinn waving his hands in front of me to get my attention. "I'm sorry" I laughed lightly, a bit embarrassed.

"I said are you ready to get going baby?" He said with a smile.

"Yeah, of course" I returned his smile getting up from my seat. "Is he ok?" I asked motioning Jason who I barely knew but recognized as a teammate of Quinn's.

"I think he let a little too loose tonight" he chuckled, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my temple. "I'm gonna see if he needs a ride home" he moved away quickly.

I watched Quinn interact with Connor before someone snapped me back to reality.

"You really are so crazy about him aren't you?" Meaghan asked from beside me.

"I was staring again wasn't I?" I asked, almost defeated.

"I think it's adorable" she smiled as Quinn approached us helping guide Connor along the way.

"Mind if we swing him home tonight?" Quinn asked sincerely.

"Of course hun" I smiled, he was so caring to all of his friends. "Let me help you" I offered while helping stabilize Connor before saying our goodbyes and making our way to the car.

"You good back there?" I asked Connor, who we laid out on the back seat.

"I'm good thank you, you're adorable. Quinn she's adorable, she's so nice" he rambled on in his drunken state.

"Shut up Garland" Quinn said with warning in his voice, it made me heat up inside. "You'll have to remind me where you live" he looked back at him through the rear view mirror.

"I'm not even sure I could explain it right now" he laughed heartily. "I can just crash on the couch of whoever's house you two are staying at tonight" he said simply turning his attention out the window. "I mean if that's cool with you guys" his words becoming more and more slurred.

"Umm" I trailed off looking at Quinn.

That, we weren't prepared for. Of course since we were a couple to them everyone expected us to be staying the night with each other. Not that that would have mattered if one of his teammates wasn't completely sloshed in the backseat of his car wanting to crash on the couch because he couldn't even remember his way home.

How were we going to get out of this one?