Chapter 1: It's Gotta Be You

"Hey" I pulled Quinn into a hug as soon as I opened the door.

"Hey, I brought you a surprise" he said pulling away and handing me the cup of frozen yogurt from my favorite place.

"You didn't! Q this is so far away from here" I looked at him in shock as I took the cup out of his hand.

"Well you deserve it" he rubbed my head lightly as he passed.

"I do?" I rose an eyebrow at him as I closed the door.

"Well, you will" he said it cautiously.

"Quinn..." I trailed off.

"Yeah?" He looked at me seriously.

"What are you up to?" I put my hand on my hip accusingly.

"What? Nothing" he chuckled. I could sense the nervousness.

"Quinn" I warned moving closer to him.

"Ok, ok, there was something I wanted to ask you" he said with his hands up.

"I knew it" I giggled moving to the kitchen to grab a spoon.

"So" I said taking a bite. "What's up?"

"Well, there's this party next weekend" he started looking down at the counter.

"Party?" I asked taking another bite. What was the big deal about a party?

"Yeah, for one of my teammates' birthdays" he ran his fingers along the counter still not looking up at me.

"Well that should be fun" I watched him curiously.

"Yeah, I mean I guess" he said quietly.

"Q?" I asked, making him finally look up at me. "What's going on?"

"Would you come with me?" He asked softly.

"To the party?" I asked as he nodded. "Of course I'll go, sounds like fun" I smiled at him. He continued to look at me seriously. "What?" I laughed taking another bite.

"I meant like come with me, come with me" he said with a straight face.

"You mean like ride together?" I looked at him confused. "I thought that's what you meant anyways"

"I meant like...alright, you know how the guys like to mess with me and stuff for being single and awkward with girls?" he looked at me seriously.

"Yeah, you've told me about that before. Like when you said that one time that...Quinn?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yeah?" He held eye contact.

"What exactly are you trying to ask me?" I pushed on.

"Like come with me, together. Not for real of course. I mean, some of the guys know you, some think we're already dating. Come with me...as my girlfriend?" His facial expression didn't change.

He was serious.

"Oh, you're for real?" I slightly rose an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah. It won't be awkward or anything I promise. It'll really help me out with getting some of those guys off my back and I wouldn't want to go with anyone but you anyways" he looked back down at the counter. "Please?" He asked softly.

"If I do this, will you do something for me?" I asked cautiously.

"Something for you?" He asked picking his head up to look at me again.

"Yeah, something for me in return. Favor for a favor." I explained.

"What is it?" He looked at me nervously.