"speedy watch out!" bakugo calls out, making you stop in your tracks. your eyes widen when yet again, wind and fire swerve away from each other. shoto's fire hits you and because you still have your lightning on, flames spread like wildfire.

no one can see anything, only their eyes widening at your horrifying yell. for some of them, this is the first time they've heard you yell out in pain.

and they want it to be their last.

"Y/N! LOOK AT WHAT YOU TWO ARE DOING!" midoriya yells as he glares at shoto and inasa who are frozen in fear. "SPEEDY!" bakugo yells, throwing his hands back and letting his explosions propel him through the air.

"what a shame. because you two can't cooperate, you've caused a comrade her demise. if i hadn't protected her last second, you would've just committed murder." gang orca says in disappointment. the fire and smoke clears, showing your figure in gang orca's hands.

you try and activate your lightning but due to your lack of strength, it quickly shuts off. without a care in the world, gang orca throws you away from the commotion.

"Y/N!" midoriya yells as he and everyone else watch you harshly slam against rocks. you fall to the ground as you start coughing. 'the fuck?! isn't this just an act? why was i thrown so recklessly?!' you think as you look at your hair that's fallen out of its updo.

the boy you saved earlier watches in horror as you struggle to catch your breath. even if he's not allowed too, he so badly wants to rush to your side. he hasn't even spent a minute with you but he already feels a feeling when he looks at you.

his attention from you gets taken away as he watches a green haired kid with green eyes make his way to you. "y/n!" midoriya yells as he grabs your body.

'y/n...' the boy thinks as he looks at you. even if you're tattered and hurt, you still look as good as when you first made eye contact with the boy.

"izuku... damn this hurts.." you say in a raspy voice, feeling your legs tingle. "shh my love. you'll be okay." midoriya reassures.

'my love? oh..' the boy thinks sadly, his feelings depleting.

"YOU TWO IDIOTS. YOU'RE DOING THE MOST RIGHT NOW!" bakugo yells in anger, taking on gang orca by himself since midoriya took off to you.

"damn.. let's go. he needs to be taken down." you say as you lift yourself up. he knows he shouldn't let you continue but for how long he's known you, there's no way he'd convince you to do otherwise.

"yeah. you'll be okay right?" midoriya asks, grabbing you and soaring through the sky. "yeah. i'll be fine." you reassure.

finally, shoto and inasa come to their senses. it's sad that it took them hurting an ally to realize how in the wrong they were this whole time. but hey, they finally landed an attack on gang orca.

as the fire continues to surround gang orca, you activate your lightning and weakly send a line of lighting towards the dancing flames. everyone looks in surprise as the combo attack turns into a triple, flames spreading more and securing gang orca's capture.

shoto looks to see you in the sky, securely in midoriya's arms. "i'm done... i can't use my quirk anymore..." you say as you defeatedly lay your head on midoriya's chest. as said boy lands, a siren goes off, making everyone stop.

"good news folks. all of the rescued citizens have been safely rescued. i know it seems anticlimactic, but the final phase of the exam is over." mera says.

"can you stand?" midoriya asks as he sets you on the ground. "yeah." you say. you start to take a step but immediately feel a sharp pain in your leg, making you trip.