Chapter 2

*6 YEARS BEFORE BENEDICT WAKES UP*

JOHN POV

I arrived at the hospital, which was almost like my second home now. I knew everyone there, and everyone knew me, so I really loved it. I said hello to all of my friends on the way past, and walked into Benedict's roon

Benedict had been one of my patients for 3 years now, and he still hadn't woken up. We had tried many techniques, for example, we had someone come in and play the violin to him almost every day, but it hadn't made even a little bit of difference.

But still, I spoke to him every time I saw him as if he could hear and understand me.

"Hello Sherlock. How are you doing today? Today's been a good day so far, my car hasn't broken down at least." I laughed to myself.  "Well, you seem to be doing well, you're breathing fine, heart's beating as normal. All you need to do now if wake up."

Mrs. Hudson walked into the room with our daily cup of tea.

"Ah, thank you Mrs. Hudson."

"A pleasure, dear. Now, have you ever thought of reading to Benedict here?"

"No, why would I do that? He doesn't understand us."

"I think he does, he just doesn't want to be introduced to the real world yet. I think you should, Martin. It'll do good, you'll see."

"Fine, I'll try."

"Good. Now, drink your tea, dear."

She left before I could say anything else, to see her next patient. Benedict was my main concern, so I spent hours with him each day. I guessed this idea of reading to him was good, but I didn't know what to read to him.

Thankfully Mrs. Hudson had already thought of that. There was a book on the table. It was Sherlock Holmes.