| 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 ➪ 𝐃𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧 |

Start from the beginning

                                 "My clan and I heard his aunt and uncle were murdered by the Empire," Verin commented, filling us in, "Our scouts have also discovered he likes to visit their death place. It's a small sand hut located in the Western part of the planet."

                                 At this comment, I pulled out a holomap of the desert planet; tracing my eyes to the West, "The only place that looks like a hut is right... here," I commented to my boyfriend, earning a nod. The map had a small indication labeled right over what I suspected to be Skywalker's house; at least, was his house. If the Empire murdered Din and took Grogu away from me, I wouldn't ever visit the place where it all happened. This Jedi is strange, that's for sure,

                               "Let's move out then," my Mandalorian accompaniment commented while pushing the Quarren forward, using the front of his gun.

                               We walked for what seemed like days on end. In reality, it was a little over 5 hours of constant walking. Because of this, I felt faint and I was having to force my body to continue. In reality, I was barely keeping it together. My heavy armor weighed a ton, combined with the hot heat of the planet. It seemed never ending.

                               "We're almost there, okay?" the Quarren growled, shoving Din's blaster from his face, "Can't you tell I'm not gonna fight this? You and your buddy both have guns on me. Just let me walk like a normal person."

"The second we meet this Jedi is the second you are freed and can go where you please. Until then, you're gonna have to suck it up," I growled, earning a nod from Din, "You got yourself into this mess."

                                Verin rolled his eyes and immediately stopped talking. He continued us in the same direction. The suns had begun to set, which caused shadows to cast over the endless desert. Specifically shaped shadows... shadows they resembled a small sand hut.

There was a man blocking the hot, Tatooine suns. I couldn't make out much physical details, but I knew he was wearing a dark, black robe,

"Is that Skywalker?" I whispered, placing my hand on Din's shoulder to get his attention, "Is that the Jedi?"

"I think it is," Din whispered and motioned to little Grogu, who's vision was dead-set on the individual in front of us.

Before I could mutter another word of suspicion, the man turned around; his eyes locked on the kid. My hand wrapped tightly around Grogu reflexively. The man had short, blond hair, and as he approached us, I immediately noticed his piercing, blue eyes,

"Are you Skywalker?" I questioned as the man made his way over to us, "We were told you'd be here."

The suspected Jedi didn't reply to that question, instead, asked us his own question in return, "Where did you find him?"

Neither Din or I replied to the question. How would the Jedi feel if we told him we found him while hunting a bounty for the Empire? Probably wouldn't like that answer,

"It doesn't matter where we found him," I answered, hugging the small creature close to my chest, "It just matters what we can do for him— what you can do for him. He needs to be trained as a Jedi. Only you can do this for us."

"I could sense your arrival on Tatooine," the blond replied, "His force signature is strong..."

Skywalker trailed off, looking at our Quarren hostage, "Let him free, then we will talk."

Din glanced at me in suspicion, shaking his head, "Sorry, we can't do that. He tried taking Grogu away from us, and he's the reason we found you. He's sticking with us until you give us an answer about the kid's training."

Skywalker didn't seem to like this answer. I suspect he was displeased with the fact that Verin is the reason we found him. Tatooine wasn't the best stomping grounds for a Jedi,

"My name is Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and Commander of the Rebellion army," the Jedi stated, bowing slightly, "What you are asking of me to do is increasingly difficult due to the aftermath of Imperials specifically hunting down surviving Jedi. But, the Jedi's light has been dimmed out far too long now. He will be trained as long as you promise me something."

"What do you need to know?" Din questioned, wrapping his hand around mine in happiness. Although he didn't show it, I know my boyfriend is happy about this.

"I know you're bounty hunters," Luke commented, eyeing behind us at the Quarren, "If I train Grogu, you will make it your upmost duty to wipe out or arrest the remaining loyal soldiers of the Empire. I cannot risk the Jedi Order being wiped out again."

I nodded in agreement instantly; Din as well. That was easy. We did that anyways. The Empire is no friend of ours.

Luke nodded in affirmation and held his arms out for the kid, "Then, if he agrees, I will train him."

I looked down at the kid who changed Din and I for the better over all these years. The kid who made Din have a heart again. The kid who we would risk everything for without blinking an eye. Grogu was special, and not even because of his unnatural abilities. He was our everything.

Grogu resonated a sad energy, but looked back again at Luke; stretching his arms out. That was the only thing we needed to see,

"He will be trained. You Mandalorians don't need to worry about a single thing," the Jedi concluded, scooping the small Jedi up in his arms, "We will be seeing you again— soon, hopefully."

I hadn't cried in many rotations, but at this moment, I wanted to. But, both Din and I had to remain strong for the little one. Stepping back, I glanced at the Quarren and unlocked his cuffs without a second thought, "You are free from us," I whispered, my voice cracking through the sadness, "I never want to see you again."

Verin hesitated, but slowly placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded, "You two are both good people despite what you've done to me and my clan. I will never forget what you have done, but I will never hold a quarrel with you. Consider it a way to say thanks for not killing me."

"Get moving before we change our minds," Din snapped, obviously not liking the sentiment Verin was holding us to. I didn't feel that way, however. Verin was nothing less than a Womp Rat, but he kept his promises... for the most part. Reminds me of an old pirate I used to know...

Luke, the kind Jedi he is, lended Verin a speeder to get to the local town. I wouldn't have done it. Luke'll never get that speeder back, that's for sure,

"Say your goodbyes, then be on your way. Grogu and I have a lot to do, and it would be better if you leave soon. Less attachment is better for his training," the blond commented, placing Grogu on the ground.

I crouched down and placed my helmet against his little head, feeling sadness overtake me, "I know you're gonna do big things, kid. Just... don't forget about your family. I know we sure won't."

He cooed a bit; his small green hand on the front of my visor. Then, Din said his goodbyes, and we were off again, back in the direction of the Razorcrest. Yet, this time, it was just us two. No Grogu. No Verin,

"Do you think we did the right thing?" Din asked, slowly twisting his fingers with mine.

"Darling, I know we did," I whispered, squeezing his hand tightly, "It's his destiny. We can't let our feelings blind us from that..."

Din remained quiet the rest of the walk. At least we have each other. This fact alone will help us heal and continue through this rough life...

June 18th, 2021