Chapter Seven The Volcano and Ingen

..............

It had been a few hours and the sun was rising again on Isla Nubler, Owen woke to the sun peeking into the cave and rubbed his eyes tiredly. He allowed a yawn out and got to his feet, looking outside.
"Enjoying the view?" Claire asked tiredly behind him. She too was only just waking up.
"I've always loved the view here." Owen replied and looked behind him at her, before glancing at where the two reptiles lay last night. "I'm guessing them two went off to hunt." He said noticing that they were gone.

Claire gave a nod to him and sighed softly. "I'm pretty hungry too." She said after a moment.
"Well it's a good job that I found some of these last night." Owen said, reaching towards the bag, he picked up and pulled out some food that was still in date, passing them to her.
"Well done you." Claire chuckled a little and sat down to sort through the food. Owen watched her carefully before looking back out of the cave, he suddenly heard heavy but familar footsteps. "Sounds like the Rex is back." He said gently as he continued to watch outside.
Coming back towards her cave carefully, the Rex groaned out gently and ducked her head as she entered the cave she called home, dropping down next to the corpse of the Scorpius Rex, her kill. She looked down at it happily and began to feast on it. Just behind her was Blue, licking her lips, blood lay streaked across her bottom lip and she glanced at Owen and Claire when she entered the cave and lay back where she was at night. She had a breakfast and began to clean herself up.
Owen watched the two in awe, two different behaviours from two different species and yet they got along like they were raised together. Blue had obviously eaten before getting back which she did when she was in the paddock and the Rex had brought her meal back inside her cave, again something she did when she was in her paddock. He sat beside Claire and placed a hand on hers.
"Despite what happened back on here, I still find these animals fascinating." Owen admitted after eating a few bits of the food. "I really d..."
The man was cut off by rumbling and herds of dinosaurs panic roaring, he frowned deeply and turned to Claire who was now standing back up and looking worried. They both jumped on the spot when they heard the Rex and Blue let out an alarmed roar together.
"Let me check this out." Owen said warninly and stepped outside, he looked around trying to see what was causing this worry from the dinosaurs. He instantly glanced at the volcano that was just smoking, there was no movement from it apart from the smoke, he let out a bit of a relief sigh before turning towards the sound of the panicking dinosaurs were coming from, he hurried over and looked around, heading in the different direction of where the dinosaurs were running from, as he reached the beached area, at the port stood a large boat and around it on the sand and concrete were Jeeps and a few smaller cars. He frowned and looked around in worry before spotting who they were.
"Ingen." He shook his head angrily and continued to look around, taking notes in his head. Some of the slower and small dinosaurs had already been caught and caged up, still unconscious too. A Parasaur, an Ankylosaurus, a few Compy's, a Stegosaurus, a Dilophosaurus and a few others. He growled and spotted the man of the operations. Ken Wheatley. Owen had never seen him before but had heard Claire speak about him before when they were discussing Ingen making their way over here. He watched closely before hearing a noise behind him, quickly turning to face the noise, he raised his hands slightly before noticing Claire making her way out of the long grass.
"They are here....." Claire frowned, seeing what he was looking at before she came on the scene. She got down beside him before hearing a rumble again. "The volcano is also on it's way. To blow....We have to get them to help us." She said after a moment before closing her eyes, she knew how exactly Owen would react.
"You wanna do what?! Are you out of your god damn mind?!" Owen snapped towards the red haired girl, before running a hand through his hair.
"It's either that or these dinosaurs are going to be burnt." Claire said, she hated admitting that the man, but she was right, if they didn't get these dinosaurs off this island they would die!
"And take them back to the Mainland?! That won't be good for them!" Owen replied with a huff.
"I wasn't actually thinking back to the Mainland.......I was thinking we make a detour. Isla Sorna." Claire said as she stood up. "Site B as Alan Grant and John Hammond called it. No fences, Blue could find other Raptors and make a home with them and be happy Owen." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder to try and relax him.
"Blue....." Owen thought of his beloved Raptor. She was right, if they could get them to take the dinosaurs over to Isla Sorna, then they would be safer and happier. Letting out a sigh after thinking, he nodded. "Okay.....Let's try with them then....." He sighed heavily.
Both him and Claire turned back to face the chaos going on down below them, when they suddenly spotted someone very very familar.
"I never thought I would see him back on the island.......In his whole life!" Owen spoke as he stared at the person in shock, Claire giving a nod of replying.
After a moment, they both got themselves out of the shock, they made their way down carefully and slowly.

Aurthor's note: Hey everyone, hope your enjoying my story. I'm already planning my next Jurassic Park book after I have finished this one!